Flash Gordon

CSF

Heres what the bullpen will look like

Koch, Gordon, Marte, Glover, Wunsch...those guys are all set. Then the Sox, who have said they will carry 11 pitchers (5 staters, 6 relievers) have the option of Munoz, Sanders, Ginter, Porzio, Almonte, Stewart or a free agent signing.

The 5 above is set, as long as Flash passes his phyiscal.

Heres what the  bullpen will look like

Koch, Gordon, Marte, Glover, Wunsch...those guys are all set.  Then the Sox, who have said they will carry 11 pitchers (5 staters, 6 relievers) have the option of Munoz, Sanders, Ginter, Porzio, Almonte, Stewart or a free agent signing.

The 5 above is set, as long as Flash passes his phyiscal.

when the hell is he gonna pass that physical, I'm getting kinda scared here, what if he didn't/doesn't?

RE: Wunsch. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Wunsch can't get anybody out when the game is on the line. His mop up stats are fine. That fact keeps his ERA down. But when the game is on the line, it's a different story. If he is facing Olerud, Raffy, Giambi, or any other tough lefty, I would bet your ranch on the hitter. I'm just hoping he walks the guy. Unfortunately, they don't keep stats on this. About mid 2000 or so, he went to s***. He might start out the season on the roster, but after he blows a few, he'll be gone. JM must know his tendencies by now. Remember, he can come in during the 7th or 8th inning, in the clutch, give up a run scoring hit (to a lefty), leave, and it doesn't show up anywhere in the stat sheet if his reliever gets the side out. But he still blew it. Happens all the time. Marte is different. He gets guys out in the clutch (usually) and he can face both lefties and righties. (I would like to see a stat sheet on Wunsch vs. Olerud, etc.).

so in 2000, when he came in all those times with men on first and second and threw a double play or struck a guy out, that wasn't considered clutch? I thought it did.

Why do you think Wunsch made all those appearences and threw all those innings. He would come in, face one better and a few times he threw 1-2 pitches and picked up 2 outs.

I don't think Wunsch is good, but the end result is the end result. He doesn't blow anymore game than the next guy, WHEN HE IS HEALTHY.

Wunsch doesn't blow me away, but last year, once he got healthy, he was really very consistent and a pretty darn good pitcher. He is real good with opposing lefties and thats a nice thing to have in the pen. Then you have Marte that is nasty with lefties, but can also get the righties.

Marte did struggle last year with inherited runners. I also think there is a stat somewhere that keeps track on the % of inherited runners that score or something along those lines.

So let me get this straight...

Our rotation is Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright and Rauch....which is possibly amongst the best in the league, and if our #3-#5 aren't that good, then our #1 and #2 are....we were .500 with one great starter last year, so we'll probably win atleast 88 games or so guarenteed this year, if Garland and Wright don't improve and Rauch is just as bad as Glover/Ritchie in the rotation.  We'll most likely win 90-95 games with our rotation though, atleast.

Our bullpen is Koch, Marte, Gordon, Glover, Wunsch, and Almonte along with maybe someone from the group of Ginter, Munoz, Sanders or someone else(maybe even Porzio, but don't count on it).  With our surplus of lefty-reliever prospects, and Munoz being the best of them, I'd say that Wunsch is expendable...because even if we turn Munoz into a starter, we still have Ring and Sanders and Stewart....we have so many lefty-reliever prospects it's insane.

If this is correct, and it is, we have a sick pitching staff with our offense...hell, if this pitching staff was being supported by a weak lineup and defense, it could still win 75-80 games...and then you add our lineup, which is among the best in the majors....I don't think we are even going to f*** around.  We will blast out of the gate and continue the winning.  That's all we can hope for anyways.

20 years ago, we nearly tied a team record for wins, but were beaten in the postseason.  10 years ago, we had a very good team, but were outplayed by Toronto.  We had an even better team in 94, but our season was cut short by the strike.  This could be our year, guys....I ain't s***tin you.  We got the team to do it.  I'm probably be a bit too optimistic.  But our division, in my eyes, is pretty much clinched.  We were a team that should have won more games last year....we were very unlucky as a whole.  The Twins were a team that should have lost more games last year...they were very lucky as a whole.  Don't expect that trend to continue...I think we could seriously win the division by 10-15 games....it won't be as close as people will expect it be going in.

I don't mind the optimism, but let's keep it in check. I mean, going into last season, I thought, "Well, they won 80 games in '01 despite the fact that Thomas was hurt all year, D. Wells was horrible, Parque and Biddle went down with injuries and C. Lee had a crappy year. So, in '02, with Ritchie on the team, Biddle, Parque and Thomas healthy, we've got to be at least 10 games better, right?" Thing is, it doesn't always work out the way it seems it will. That's why they play the games. The Sox will be better than the Tigers, Indians and Royals, I'm confident of that. But the Twins are no flash in the pan - they've got depth, great defense, great chemistry, a solid lineup, a solid (if healthy) rotation, a good bullpen, and lots of good players coming in from the minors. I think they'll win between 90 and 95 games next year. The Sox need all their position players to play to potential, and need at least one of Garland, Rauch or Wright to take a big step up this year (and the other two at least have to be decent).

So let me get this straight...

Our rotation is Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright and Rauch....which is possibly amongst the best in the league, and if our #3-#5 aren't that good, then our #1 and #2 are....we were .500 with one great starter last year, so we'll probably win atleast 88 games or so guarenteed this year, if Garland and Wright don't improve and Rauch is just as bad as Glover/Ritchie in the rotation.  We'll most likely win 90-95 games with our rotation though, atleast.

Our bullpen is Koch, Marte, Gordon, Glover, Wunsch, and Almonte along with maybe someone from the group of Ginter, Munoz, Sanders or someone else(maybe even Porzio, but don't count on it).  With our surplus of lefty-reliever prospects, and Munoz being the best of them, I'd say that Wunsch is expendable...because even if we turn Munoz into a starter, we still have Ring and Sanders and Stewart....we have so many lefty-reliever prospects it's insane.

If this is correct, and it is, we have a sick pitching staff with our offense...hell, if this pitching staff was being supported by a weak lineup and defense, it could still win 75-80 games...and then you add our lineup, which is among the best in the majors....I don't think we are even going to f*** around.  We will blast out of the gate and continue the winning.  That's all we can hope for anyways.

20 years ago, we nearly tied a team record for wins, but were beaten in the postseason.  10 years ago, we had a very good team, but were outplayed by Toronto.  We had an even better team in 94, but our season was cut short by the strike.  This could be our year, guys....I ain't s***tin you.  We got the team to do it.  I'm probably be a bit too optimistic.  But our division, in my eyes, is pretty much clinched.  We were a team that should have won more games last year....we were very unlucky as a whole.  The Twins were a team that should have lost more games last year...they were very lucky as a whole.  Don't expect that trend to continue...I think we could seriously win the division by 10-15 games....it won't be as close as people will expect it be going in.

porzio better damn be in their he is better than any of those b****es in teh pen. With him that pen is better than last years twins or angels and with out him they are barely a step up from the cubs.

flash would be really good in the pen. i know he was hurt a lot last season but he still has it for a little while longer. The only problem is that if he isnt in the minors then who loses their job to him?

No one, they are just replacing Osuna, who was traded, with Gordon.

f*** HIM! I dont want Gordon. He's just gonna cause problems by b****ing all year that he thinks he should be the closer. He caused all kids of bulls*** for the cubs. Think it will be any different here? f*** HIM!

Red,

I'm not wrong often ( :lol: ), and I think Gordon will be fine. If he isn't then he'll have to answer to Bruce Kimm! ;)

He'll have to answer to don cooper. And to me, Cooper looks and talks like a bridgeport drunk. I'll bet Cooper could hold his own in any bar fight. lol