Cotts or Wright

Chisoxfn

On ESPN News he said those are the most likely names. I'd be incredibly ticked off if they dealt Magglio and Cotts for Nomar and Williamson. I'm sorry, but Nomar is a bit over-rated because you have a huge ??? as to whether he can produce outside of beantown.

If the BoSox demanded Cotts, I'd tell them to screw off...thats just my two cents. This is all speculation on Starks part though...if its Wright, i'd still be dissapointed.

He also said the Sox won't deal Nomar to the Dodgers unless Mota is a part of the deal.

Stark also said that Nomar isn't exactly thrilled about coming here.

Never caught that...I have to believe Nomar is LA bound...but don't give up Cotts.

And I have to say, more I think about it, just hold the Dodgers hostage get Mota and their two stud prospects and then use the freed up money to do things.

There are things to worry about Nomar and keeping him around and losing him in the offseason would suck.

if we deal him to LA for pitching they better make sure they get a damn bat because that means we lost Maggs and Nomar, and all we get is pitching... We need a bat to make up for the loss, so it better be JuanGone or someone else.. I will be dissapointed if we dont

We'll have Lee, Frank and PK who I think will have a better season.

Also throw in an improving Crede and other youngsters and you have a decent offense.

Then again, I would feel a lot more comfortable with another hitter.

Putting Neal Cotts in this deal would be a huge mistake.

And if we do get Nomar, keep him from a year, then he bails, KW is going to be done.

He better make sure he can deal him to LA before he swings this deal.

He can deal him to LA and I am going to hope KW isn't dumb enough to throw in Cotts...for god sakes he has the Red Sox in a tough spot. They want Maggs, they don't want fillers from the Dodgers.

If they deal Cotts, its my opinion that this turns into a horrible deal unless the Sox get Perez, Mota, Miller and Edwin Jackson for Nomar.

if we deal him to LA for pitching they better make sure they get a damn bat because that means we lost Maggs and Nomar, and all we get is pitching... We need a bat to make up for the loss, so it better be JuanGone or someone else.. I will be dissapointed if we dont

Personally I'll take the pitching. Just add a lesser rf signing, there will be some quality players out there for cheap.

Hell, if the Sox are so damn willing to sign Nomar (Speculation) then just freaking deal him for the stud prospects and enter the Vladdy sweepstakes.

*end fantasy*

Personally I'll take the pitching.  Just add a lesser rf signing, there will be some quality players out there for cheap. 

Hell, if the Sox are so damn willing to sign Nomar (Speculation) then just freaking deal him for the stud prospects and enter the Vladdy sweepstakes. 

*end fantasy*

Mags would be cheaper than Vlads, so why not just keep Mags if you're going to chase after Vlads.

He better make sure he can deal him to LA before he swings this deal.

EXACTLY. What is the point of bringing him to Chicago first unless:

1. We plan on keeping him..... which is a bad idea because he will remain with the Sox only one year then likely move on. And as you guys have mentioned he's not thrilled about coming here. He does put up good offensive number but isn't exactly the finishing piece to our puzzle. Let the Sox fill the pitching needs first then work on other positions.

2. Sox are getting Nomar first only to force LA into recieving an extra player; possibly Konerko. If Evans doesnt fall for this then we keep Nomar and effectively dont recieve any pitching talent because KW tried to be a smart ass.

Never caught that...I have to believe Nomar is LA bound...but don't give up Cotts.

And I have to say, more I think about it, just hold the Dodgers hostage get Mota and their two stud prospects and then use the freed up money to do things. 

There are things to worry about Nomar and keeping him around and losing him in the offseason would suck.

If they Put Cotts in the Deal to send Nomah to LA then Kenny sould be fired. Give them Danny Wrong.. Take it of leave it

The best point made is the White Sox have the upper hand.

They HAVe to deal Nomar after they get ARod.

And they HAVE to get a run producer in the outifield to replace Manny.

That's Magglio.

So there is absolutely no reason to give them Cotts or Wright.

Hell, give them Ginter or Adkins.

C'mon Kenny, the Red Sox are flush with money and every other advantage. Their fans are expectin Magglio. You gotta get the best of this deal.

The best point made is the White Sox have the upper hand.

They HAVe to deal Nomar after they get ARod.

And they HAVE to get a run producer in the outifield to replace Manny.

That's Magglio.

So there is absolutely no reason to give them Cotts or Wright.

Hell, give them Ginter or Adkins.

C'mon Kenny, the Red Sox are flush with money and every other advantage. Their fans are expectin Magglio.  You gotta get the best of this deal.

Exactly...they are the ones with the gun to their head. The reason they aren't doing the Dodger deal is they'd rather have Magglio then some prospects, because the Red Sox don't want to have a void in LF.

I'd just say you either give us Williamson and Nomar for Maggs or you go take Odalis Perez :D

If they Put Cotts in the Deal to send Nomah to LA then Kenny sould be fired. Give them Danny Wrong.. Take it of leave it

I have faith in Danny Wright out of the bullpen. The game which changed my mind had to be the infamous Cottsgate in NY. He did a good job providing long relief and limiting the damage. Another game (which I can't recall the team) Danny pitched for seven innings and recieved a save. Keep him and Cotts......deal Borchard and Rauch if you have to.

You guys are missing the point. The White Sox are stealing Nomar from the Dodgers based on what they are offering the Red Sox and that whoever the young pitcher we are giving the Red Sox is wanted by the Rangers in the Nomar deal.

So, the idea that we could throw in just any young pitcher and still be part of the deal is just not true.

Nothing is going to happen if Manny for A-Rod doesn't happen.  And right now it's looking like it's not gonna.

If the trade doesnt occur then we go back to working LA. If they remain b****es and dont give up anything then we should keep Maggs. No need to trade him and get nothing in return.