jose

toasty

Valentin isn't a leadoff hitter for two reasons.

One, he as little ability to make contact

Two, he can't hit lefties for nothing.

Jimenez struggles, they will go with Harris. If Harris struggles, Rowand.

I don't see Jimenez struggling though. Next to Crede, he is one young guy I have a lot of confidence in. I could see him putting up good numbers this year.

Keep in mind this guy was looked at very highly a few years back. It took him a year or two to recover from his neck injury and didn't really get a good chance in SD. He was moved around too much and wasn't given a full season.

Well, let me first say Jose is no leadoff hitter. Secondly, I never want to see Manos back as our starting shortstop. He stinks defensively. That being said, I do want him starting there this year, over a rookie, simply because we have enough of the younger guys playing other positions that its nice to have veteran support.

Jimenez will be sucessful, imo, and he is the leadoff hitter, if he fails, then they'll let Harris leadoff and at worse Rowand or Humell. Manos won't leadoff.

Before Jiminez' accident, he was thought of more highly than Soriano by the Yankees. And from what I saw last year, this guy may be the real deal.

Jose is a good clutch hitter, but he doesn't do much when there is no one on base. Not a good trait for a leadoff hitter to have.

i don't recall Jose ever leading off; he may have and I missed it, but I keep score pretty closely and I simply do not recall him ever leading off.

I think given his price and his errors, we are seeing the last year of Valentin in a Sox uniform.

I'd just as soon have Jimenez start at shortstop despite the adundance of young players we will have out there if he does. Kornerko, Ordonez, Lee, and Rowand will just have to supply veteran leadership. (Lee supplying leadership, what an odd thought. Maybe he can comment on Frank's baserunning some more... :D )

Keep in mind this guy(jimenez) was looked at very highly a few years back.  It took him a year or two to recover from his neck injury and didn't really get a good chance in SD.  He was moved around too much and wasn't given a full season.

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry about that but i couldnt help it... reread what you wrote about jimenez being shuffled arounbd and then realize jimenez's manager is jerry "the tinkerer" manuel :o