Okay let me get this straight...

The Beast

Wtf is wrong with people? Considering he is JUST getting healthy, why would people want to see Rauch go before Diaz or Munoz?

Although he is still coming off of an injury, and put up solid numbers in the second half last year. Rauch, even though he was a Minor League player of the year, has less upside potential than Cotts. Rauch has already had one major surgery, and he is 6'11'', which despite it's benefits, may lead to more injuries. There not mch demand for a 6'11'' control pitcher. Cotts on the other hand, if he can get his control issues fixed, is both younger and is more likely to project to a ML starter.

Randy Winn will be a Dodger now I bet, since they can't get Ordonez they'll make a move for Winn instead and prob get Freddy Garcia as well, and then try to trade him to the White Sox instead of one of their stud prospects.

Randy Winn will be a Dodger now I bet, since they can't get Ordonez they'll make a move for Winn instead and prob get Freddy Garcia as well, and then try to trade him to the White Sox instead of one of their stud prospects.

they did just get Encarnacion though... Either way we are going to be dealing with Seattle, Boston, and LA... And i think Evans is a little ticked at KW..

Which is exactly my point, there's no reason to trade for Nomar. The other trade in which Nomar is he's headed to LA in that 3 (or 4) for one swap at least leaves us with something.

So you propose rebuilding rather than, actually tring to compete in the weakest division in baseball.

Both Nomar and Maggs are in thier walk year. So it's a wash. but we save a little money and come up with Williamson to bolster the Pen. Plus there is supposedly a deal in place to ship Jose out to seattle. This likely wouldn't free up any money. Then there's one more deal, PK. Probably to la for OP or possible a couple prospects. Either way this is the money saving move and allows us to compete while staying around budget...

can you fill out a competitive roster with maggs... who is likely to walk anyway.

Which is exactly my point, there's no reason to trade for Nomar. The other trade in which Nomar is he's headed to LA in that 3 (or 4) for one swap at least leaves us with something.

That's another good reason. I just don't understand why we just don't do that deal now. What we need is pitching, and we get tons of it in that deal.

Although he is still coming off of an injury, and put up solid numbers in the second half last year.  Rauch, even though he was a Minor League player of the year, has less upside potential than Cotts.  Rauch has already had one major surgery, and he is 6'11'', which despite it's benefits, may lead to more injuries.  There not mch demand for a 6'11'' control pitcher.  Cotts on the other hand, if he can get his control issues fixed, is both younger and is more likely to project to a ML starter.

Here is a novel idea: keep them BOTH. And Danny Wright in the pen.

Boston is close to non-tendering Williamson, correct? They in no position to f*** around with OTHER team's prospects...especially if said team has to keep its cheap talent for SURVIVAL because of the dire financial situ.

And Nomar? I like him, but here are a few things that have come to light since:

1. His f***ing wrist. It's like a singer having throat problems, a big deal.

2. His magnificent choke in first 10 playoffs games.

3. His home-away splits in last 3 years.

4. His ever-increasing salary. (up to 12 Mill now)

5. Age (he is 30+)

6. He simply doesn't want to come to the White Sox.

Nomar alone isn's worth Magglio and Cotts/Rauch because of the above 6. we are doign Red Sox a favor by throwing in Arnie Munoz. If they don't him, then f*** off.

PS Rauch is NOT a finesse pitcher even if he doesn't get it up to 94-95 anymore. 91-93 with a sharp 10-6 curve and fast slider is anything BUT finesse. Mark Burhle is finesse and he doesn;t have the advantage of being 6'10'' with tree trunk legs and long arms. Just saying, don't give Rauch or Cotts or Honel away for nothing.

So we can end up with nothing after this season?

Well we might as well have one run this year, cause odalis perez isnt gonna do jack for us. We basicly get a #4 starter and a few guys who I'm not very excited about, and lets face it WILL NOT make a difference on this team. We have signed the big names the past few years and each one has done whit to get us back to the playoffs. As far as miller, screw him too. The chance of him acomplishing something in the majors is slim. How many guys have come throufh our sytem and others that havent really done much at all. Borchard, Rauch, Crede, etc etc etc. The chance of prospects living up to the hype is so slim that I think way too much importance is placed on them. Maybe we should get somebody that would make an impact rather than giving up our stud if we want a run at the playoff. Maybe we should just rebuild while were at it? Does jerry reinsdorf lose so much money that we need to cut payroll? I would be astounded.

Here is a novel idea:  keep them BOTH.  And Danny Wright in the pen.

Boston is close to non-tendering Williamson, correct?  They in no position to f*** around with OTHER team's prospects...especially if said team has to keep its cheap talent for SURVIVAL because of the dire financial situ.

And Nomar? I like him, but here are  a few things that have come to light since:

1.  His f***ing wrist. It's like a singer having throat problems, a big deal.

2.  His magnificent choke in first 10 playoffs games.

3.  His  home-away splits in last 3 years.

4.  His ever-increasing salary.  (up to 12 Mill now)

5.  Age (he is 30+)

6.  He simply doesn't want to come to the White Sox.

Nomar alone isn's worth Magglio and Cotts/Rauch because of the above 6. we are doign Red Sox a favor by throwing in Arnie Munoz.  If they don't him, then f*** off.

PS  Rauch is NOT a finesse pitcher even if he doesn't get it up to 94-95 anymore.    91-93 with a sharp 10-6 curve and fast slider is anything BUT finesse. Mark Burhle is finesse and he doesn;t have the advantage of being 6'10'' with tree trunk legs and long arms.  Just saying, don't give Rauch or Cotts or Honel away for nothing.

:notworthy Wonderful

So you propose rebuilding rather than, actually tring to compete in the weakest division in baseball. 

Both Nomar and Maggs are in thier walk year.  So it's a wash. but we save a little money and come up with Williamson to bolster the Pen. Plus there is supposedly a deal in place to ship Jose out to seattle. This likely wouldn't free up any money.  Then there's one more deal, PK.  Probably to la for OP or possible a couple prospects. Either way this is the money saving move and allows us to compete while staying around budget...

can you fill out a competitive roster with maggs... who is likely to walk anyway.

Even with Garcia, Nomar, and Williamson this team isn't good enough to make the playoff (Yes, even in this division). Now, i'm hope i'm wrong and the Sox's win 95+ games, than we can start rebuilding next season, but i don't think this team has is in them to be a playoff team.

Dang it. That sucks if we don't get Nomar...forget the deal...its stupid

quit acting like your 15, think through the scenerio. If we keep nomar and he doesn't sign next year, what do you think of the trade?

you will feel the same way you felt when we didn't sign colon, or alomar, or everett, or sullivan.