Can someone please give me an updated status

WSoxShuf

I just got home from finals and I hear sox are not getting Nomar???:bang

the contract changes they were proposing to make to A-rods contract were denied by the players union. This is just a snag right now. I think they have until 6pm tomorrow to get this trade done, as stated by the commish.....its definitely not off just having problems

Guest Hex Rudler

ESPN just said 60-40 the ARod trade goes through on Thursday. Major stumbling blocks are the Union and who pays Manny. Nomar does not want to play for us and would probably be shipped to LA so we will get f***ed, because none of those guys mentioned will take the place of Maggs, unless there are some super prospects to be included.

If Maggs does go, it opens up a spot for Jeremy Reed.

somehow, the trade WILL go down.

I think the union is just posturing, trying to protect the players and not wanting any more owners to get the idea that if they give somebody a stupid A Rod contract they can fix the mistake by proposing a trade and leaning on the player to change the deal. Remember, the players union is undefeated. They don't give in on ANYTHING.

I think the Red Sox enjoy the drama, pounding out headline after headline after headline. Hell, the first 15 minutes on Sports Center were about baseball today. When was the last time that happened on Dec. 17?

But they'll have to find a way to make this work because Texas can't be stuck with ARod now, Nomar won't want to play in Boston and Maggs has to figure he's out da door here.

My guess: They'll take it to the wire tomorrow and then the players union will have somebody at the press conference making it look like they saved the day and the trade.

ESPN just said 60-40 the ARod trade goes through on Thursday.  Major stumbling blocks are the Union and who pays Manny.  Nomar does not want to play for us and would probably be shipped to LA so we will get f***ed, because none of those guys mentioned will take the place of Maggs, unless there are some super prospects to be included.

If Maggs does go, it opens up a spot for Jeremy Reed.

Until I see Nomar Garciaparra on TV stating under his own free will "I do not want to play for the Chicago White Sox, and I wish to be traded again" It's Bulls*** to me.