Sounds Like deal could be off

spataro51

"The basic agreement contains a rule that requires any special covenant to be an actual or potential benefit to the player," Manfred said. "In a situation like the current situation, where there was a restructuring, where the player was getting something and the club was getting something, Gene Orza is not the final arbitrator on whether the restructuring provides an actual or potential benefit to the player. The commissioner currently is considering his legal options in consultation with the two teams."

Selig wants this deal to go through.

The only other time in recent years the union has been so involved in this kind of negotiation was when Mo Vaughn went from the Anaheim Angels to the New York Mets after the 2001 season.

Vaughn was owed $50 million in salary and bonuses, but agreed to defer $8 million of the signing bonus and $13.75 million in salaries. As part of the agreement, the money was deferred at 5.436 percent interest and Vaughn will receive the payments from 2005 through July 2011.

There is Precedent for the union getting involved...I can't see how they can allow a $21.75MIL deferment in the mo vaugh incedent, and somehow deny this one(no details are available).

I'm changing my mind.. I think the deal will go down.

from what i heard, it sounds like there was some cut in salary, a little deferal, but mostly allowing arod out of the contract earlier than the last 3 years....

translation allows boston red sox to get out of contract earlier

This whole deal would have already gone through if Boras and Hicks weren't such asses... Boras for getting Arod that ridiculous deal and Hicks for actually thinking he had to accept it.

from what i heard, it sounds like there was some cut in salary, a little deferal, but mostly allowing arod out of the contract earlier than the last 3 years....

if the union wants a benefit for AROD how about the benefit of playing for a team that has a hell of a chance to go to the world series rather than playing for a team that is a perpetual basement dweller.

there's your benefit mlbpa!!! :finger :headbang

The Players Union is really seriously startin to screw baseball rite now. Alex Rodriguez should hav the rite to restructure his contract if he wants to. They do it in the NFL why not the MLB? I hope Bud Selig actually does the rite thing for once and approves the trade. Othawise Maggs to LA for Mota, Perez and Miller will be back on, and Nomar can join the Dodgers or Angels in free agency in 2005.

Yhey do it in the NFL why not the MLB?

The Baseball Union is a hell of a lot stonger than the NFL. Secondly, the contracts are not guarenteed in the NFL like MLB. In the NFL, the owner can ask a player to restructure his deal, the player agrees, then later that season he's cut and loses out on money.

Blood Sealeg rules

Are you trying to seduce me? Seduction doesn't involve forcible rape.

IT DOES NOW!

moron

dont attack what you do not understand PLZ it was a good joke from a good Ms PAint flash cartoon

"Mt Dew code red rocks in an extreme fashion

You are a communist and a worthy succesor as commisioner of major league baseball"