Google bomb of our own

Texsox

After reading about the google bomb technique of linking miserable failure to George W, I got to thinking could we post enough links so that greatest baseball team links to here?

Perhaps we we all posted it in our sigs for a few days.

We need a good phrase that people will search for. Actually right now if you google Chicago White Sox I don't see soxtalk coming up on the first couple pages. That would be huge in attracting more people to this site.

Also we should get listed in the Google category listing that has Sox chats and forums. Right now only WSI and some list on enteract.com show up there. The directions for submitting a site to the directory can be found here

add to your sig Chicago White Sox and link it to  http://www.soxtalk.com

I'm wondering since a many of us have 2,000 + posts if the search engines will see that has 2,000+ entries. THat would be cool and bump it up fast.

my question is when you put a link out, how do you change the title like that?

Google bombing

(GOO.gul bawm.ing) n. Setting up a large number of Web pages with links that point to a specific Web site so that the site will appear near the top of a Google search when users enter the link text. (Note that Google is a trademark identifying the search technology and services of Google Technologies Inc.)

—n. Google bomb.

Example Citation:

Since Mathes planted that first Google Bomb, the practice has spread throughout the blogging community. Here are four types of Google Bombs whose fuses have already been lit:

1. Humor Bombs. Mathes' original Google Bomb remains the classic of this genre. It's pretty funny to see your friend come up in Google as the No. 1 talentless hackin the whole world. Successful humor bombs, like most Google Bombs, require search key words that don't get a lot of traffic.

2. Ego Bombs. Many bloggers want to be the top search result for their first name or full name. Free-lance writer David Gallagher posted this plea on his site: I've decided that I want to be the most famous David Gallagher on the Internet, and if you have a Web site, you can help. How? Link to this site like so: David Gallagher. As of March 22, he's ranked No. 3 in Google.

3. Money Bombs. So far, no one's paying bloggers to set off Google Bombs, but the practice is probably inevitable. Last month, Weblogger Brig Eaton floated the idea, saying that her father would be willing to pay to get his site Google Bombed into the No. 1search result for Santa Cruz real estate. A week and a few (free) links later, www.santacruzrealty.net had moved from the No. 189 Google result to No. 39.

—John Hiler, "Google Time Bomb," Slate Magazine, March 25, 2002

The practice of using anchor text to make a page show up in the SERPs under keywords that are out of context for that page. For instance, if you want your arch enemy's page to be #1 on Google for "absolute moron", you'd get as many people as possible to link to his page using "abosute moron" as anchor text. Google bombing can of course also be used to create a positive effect. In theory you could get your own site listed at the top for very targeted keywords using the same technique. Both these uses are of course aimed at manipulating search results and as such are spam.

Hey tex... there's no way we end up at the top by doing Chicago White Sox, There's too many other things that will be linked to that.

We need to something a little more original... Like 2004 World Series Champs

or

2004 World Series Champions

or

2004 AL Central Champs

or

2004 AL Central Champions

It is official --- I'm a spammer :lol:

just remember while you are posting you can link to the 2004 AL Central Champs or you could link to the worst baseball team ever.

I would suggest putting the sox as the best baseball team ever but it seems like someone has already beat us to the punch. The NY Yankees site is at the top for that search