Soxfest gathering?

southsider2k5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont wanna end up like PA, anything but like him  :D

yeah, being the most successful bank teller in the history of the world would be devastating to your attempts to monopolize the soxtalk market for being the biggest cubbie. :rolleyes: :lol:

oh, and being extremely talented musically, of gifted inteligence, and clearly among the funniest on this board...that doesn't mean anything. tongue in cheek> :rolleyes:

Friday night.  The atrium bar is the only one we go to..

But don't worry, I'm sure we'll meet up before fest closing time.

Sure, stick with the losers (Hangar 18 and company) the whole time and then join us during your convenience. ;) Im sure there will be many photos posted up on WSI to tell the story.

Actually I wonder if it would be possible for us and WSI to combine forces for good? I wonder if we worked together as the two biggest message boards dedicated solely to the Sox if the team would do something special for us? Think about it, we are helping them by getting more people to the fest, and they could help us somehow, like an autograph session or something...

Anyone know anyone with the Sox who would be willing to ask about such a thing? Or does this sound completely crazy???

Sure, stick with the losers (Hangar 18 and company) the whole time and then join us during your convenience.  ;) Im sure there will be many photos posted up on WSI to tell the story.

I'm sorry if you think they are losers, Flash. And I don't intend on hanging with them, and then joining anyone else "at my convenience". Henry was at the AOL party this past summer and so were many of the posters here.. no one seemed to have an issue. I will be where I'm at. If people want to gather together, so be it.

You're entitled to your opinions, but those are my friends you are talking about, and I would appreciate it if you didn't talk to me about them like that. Especially since you don't know s*** about them other than from an internet message board.

Actually I wonder if it would be possible for us and WSI to combine forces for good?  I wonder if we worked together as the two biggest message boards dedicated solely to the Sox if the team would do something special for us?  Think about it, we are helping them by getting more people to the fest, and they could help us somehow, like an autograph session or something... 

Anyone know anyone with the Sox who would be willing to ask about such a thing?  Or does this sound completely crazy???

I'm not sure if WSI is getting a booth this year..

But the bar is open to anyone who wants to come. Last year there were some from Yahoo and MSN boards, too.

I'm sorry if you think they are losers, Flash. And I don't intend on hanging with them, and then joining anyone else "at my convenience". Henry was at the AOL party this past summer and so were many of the posters here.. no one seemed to have an issue. I will be where I'm at. If people want to gather together, so be it.

You're entitled to your opinions, but those are my friends you are talking about, and I would appreciate it if you didn't talk to me about them like that. Especially since you don't know s*** about them other than from an internet message board.

Hangar is a great guy...only met him twice when he was out in LA, but he set up a little Sox fan gathering befor the Dodger Sox games, but he's a real nice guy. and a big time Sox fan.

Hangar is a great guy...only met him twice when he was out in LA, but he set up a little Sox fan gathering befor the Dodger Sox games, but he's a real nice guy. and a big time Sox fan.

Henry is one of the BEST people you will ever meet. One of my dearest friends.

Steff, what is this AOL board thing you keep talking about?  Just curious.

And, don't worry I won't be posting there as SoxTalk is my home....and you can't have two homes  :nono

I am the Mod of the Sox AOL board. Every year we have an outing at the park - it's called Nomadsfest named after one of the posters there. Last year was the 3rd one and we had over 30 people from the AOL boards, a few from WSI, and several from here. Tons of food and beer and everyone just hangs out. I posted a group picture from there on here back in the summer. Great time. You should try to make it this year. August 7th.

All I do is sneak in to Sox fest. Those f***ers on security never check me or my dad or bros. Assholes, they deserve what they get, and thats how I got Mass Quanities of autographs...if you can find my post from last year on wsc425...i gave specific directions on how to sneak in the back door from the valet parking lot entrance on whacker i think thats the street...