Soxfest gathering?

southsider2k5

All I do is sneak in to Sox fest. Those f***ers on security never check me or my dad or bros. Assholes, they deserve what they get, and thats how I got Mass Quanities of autographs...if you can find my post from last year on wsc425...i gave specific directions on how to sneak in the back door from the valet parking lot entrance on whacker i think thats the street...

You just lost cool points, buddy.

Don't ruin your newly-gained reputation on SoxTalk. PAY for it this time around, be a man. And make your dad and brother pay money, too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it like a WhiteSox message board like Soxtalk or another type board?  And Nomads, sound very f***ing familiar.....Did he post on ESPN like in 2000?  Strange.

Yep. Pretty much just like it. Just without the flaming and swearing ;)

You just lost cool points, buddy.

Don't ruin your newly-gained reputation on SoxTalk.  PAY for it this time around, be a man.  And make your dad and brother pay money, too.

No no, we had tickets...we just wanted to get in before everyone else so we could get in line quicker

Actually I wonder if it would be possible for us and WSI to combine forces for good?  I wonder if we worked together as the two biggest message boards dedicated solely to the Sox if the team would do something special for us?  Think about it, we are helping them by getting more people to the fest, and they could help us somehow, like an autograph session or something... 

Anyone know anyone with the Sox who would be willing to ask about such a thing?  Or does this sound completely crazy???

Not any crazier than anythng else you say. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I still have my reservations but am strongly considering cancelling due to the moves (or lack thereof) this offseason. I'm a college student and a lackluster offseason from the Sox doesn't really tempt me to spend hard earned money at a part-time job on a plane ticket and 2 nights at the hyatt on the Sox as they currently stand.

I still have my reservations but am strongly considering cancelling due to the moves (or lack thereof) this offseason.  I'm a college student and a lackluster offseason from the Sox doesn't really tempt me to spend hard earned money at a part-time job on a plane ticket and 2 nights at the hyatt on the Sox as they currently stand.

I have had the same thoughts also, and may end up cancelling based on money at the last minute. But I am also curious to meet people, and Soxfest usually is a lot of fun.

I have had the same thoughts also, and may end up cancelling based on money at the last minute.  But I am also curious to meet people, and Soxfest usually is a lot of fun.

Mike.. I hope you and Ang don't cancel.. it's going to be a great time!!

Mike.. I hope you and Ang don't cancel.. it's going to be a great time!!

Believe me, it isn't on the top of our list, but Ang just started a teaching program for people who aleady have degrees and it was $600 in cash up front just to get into the program. She still has to pay for classes and books. Luckily it is only one class and a seminar. Plus next month we have to start paying on that pretty new car :) As long as nothing else happens we should be going.

Believe me, it isn't on the top of our list, but Ang just started a teaching program for people who aleady have degrees and it was $600 in cash up front just to get into the program.  She still has to pay for classes and books.  Luckily it is only one class and a seminar.  Plus next month we have to start paying on that pretty new car :) As long as nothing else happens we should be going.

Sounds like the program my friend did. He was an engineer for many years (at least 25) and burned out on the corporate aspect and decided to go into teaching. he researched, found the program and now he teaches 8th grade in Darien.

I am most likely going (for the first time), but I would like to know if there is going to be a schedule released about what day which players are coming. Does anyone know if the sox release an official schedule of events? Also, is it all that good because if I choose SoxFest then I probably won't go to the Auto Show the following weekend.

I still have my reservations but am strongly considering cancelling due to the moves (or lack thereof) this offseason.  I'm a college student and a lackluster offseason from the Sox doesn't really tempt me to spend hard earned money at a part-time job on a plane ticket and 2 nights at the hyatt on the Sox as they currently stand.

Aboz...save your money. The Sox ownership have shown no committment to you (us) as a fan, you OWE them nothing!

Why invest any more of your time, energy and money when you know you will get nothing in return, except for a team that will compete for 4th place in the weak AL Central?

(I live 30 minutes from the hotel where Soxfest takes place; I would NEVER even consider going!)

Aboz...save your money. The Sox ownership have shown no committment to you (us) as a fan, you OWE them nothing!

Why invest any more of your time, energy and money when you know you will get nothing in return, except for a team that will compete for 4th place in the weak AL Central?

(I live 30 minutes from the hotel where Soxfest takes place; I would NEVER even consider going!)

Most of the cash goes to the hotel - you get FREE fest tickets when you book a room. The Sox make their cash off the sales inside. Don't buy anything.. and go to the bar to get drinks.

Most of the cash goes to the hotel - you get FREE fest tickets when you book a room. The Sox make their cash off the sales inside. Don't buy anything.. and go to the bar to get drinks.

We NEED to show management that "we're as mad as hell, and we're not gonna take it anymore!".

I say, stay away from Soxfest!

I think I heard this after 1994. Funny, we're here talkin' baseball.

It doesn't matter. People go on doing what they like. And you can be pissed off at the management, but until the season starts, you don't know. Go see how the attitude is. I think you can tell a lot based on how everyone acts. I went to Soxfest in 2000 - everyone was great, excited, ready for the season, and hmmm, that attitude carried over. You'll be able to tell a lot about the upcoming season these two days.

I think I heard this after 1994.  Funny, we're here talkin' baseball.

It doesn't matter.  People go on doing what they like.  And you can be pissed off at the management, but until the season starts, you don't know.  Go see how the attitude is.  I think you can tell a lot based on how everyone acts.  I went to Soxfest in 2000 - everyone was great, excited, ready for the season, and hmmm, that attitude carried over.  You'll be able to tell a lot about the upcoming season these two days.

Here's the problem...the Sox aren't rebuilding AND they're not improving. They are in a state of flux.

Why not trade Maggs since you know he's gone after 2004? Why did they sign Buehrle if they aren't going to be competitive during the term of his contract? Why did they give Jose $5 million?

This (current) team sucks on paper, and will suck on the field! But, if you can't find better ways to spend your time and money, ENJOY!!!

Here's the problem...the Sox aren't rebuilding AND they're not improving. They are in a state of flux.

Why not trade Maggs since you know he's gone after 2004? Why did they sign Buehrle if they aren't going to be competitive during the term of his contract? Why did they give Jose $5 million?

This (current) team sucks on paper, and will suck on the field! But, if you can't find better ways to spend your time and money, ENJOY!!!

You don't think they've been trying to make moves? Hello. That's where all these rumours keep popping up from.

They ARE trying. The market is not exactly conducive to making these huge deals anymore because the players are waaaaaay overpaid. But that's another topic.

Bottom line is yes, they're trying. But in a way, KW might be smarter then most folks are admitting because he's not going to do something "just to get rid of Magg's 14million contract". He wants to make sure we get a return on giving up on him. He's got him for now... so use him the best you can...

And I don't want to hear that he's gonna walk and we get nothing. TODAY, we need to stand pat if we're gonna get taken. June or so, THEN make a trade to get SOMETHING.