Arod Deal will happen, Mags going to be traded

Loaiza21

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they give up Cotts and Wright they are fools, cause those guys would be who the Sox would have to count on as the 4th and 5th considering they aren't going to add anymore starters after this deal, unless they somehow decide they want to add payroll.

Better not give them Cotts if your not going to trade Nomah to LA for the Prospects. You'll be losing a prospect and not getting nothing in return. We all know Nomah is going to walk at season's end. And if that's the case I would just keep Maggs and tell Kenny to get his hardon with Williamson rest

Better not give them Cotts if your not going to trade Nomah to LA for the Prospects. You'll be losing a prospect and not getting nothing in return. We all know Nomah is going to walk at season's end. And if that's the case I would just keep Maggs and tell Kenny to get his hardon with Williamson rest

Ya...or just use Rauch to land Williamson and forget about Nomah.

I like Munoz a whole lot.  I still don't see how the Red Sox could get a prospect out of the Sox in this deal.  Screw that...just say no.

I agree with you

Why do we have to give prospects back?

KW, even in his good trades, always seems to overpay on paper.

And I don't like the maggs for nomar part of the deal either, but that's another story.

I agree with you

Why do we have to give prospects back?

KW, even in his good trades, always seems to overpay on paper.

And I don't like the maggs for nomar part of the deal either, but that's another story.

I tend to agree.

Here's my question:

Would people do maggs for Nomar straight up?

Cause thats basically how this deal seems to work. Its Maggs for Nomar and Cotts for Williamson. I think the Sox are arguably getting hosed on both. If nomar was more proven on the road and signed long term I'd say hell ya, but he's not.

I don't see why we need Williamson that much anyways. Sure we need right handed relievers desperately, but I wouldn't giv up a prospect like Cotts just to get 1. I'm sure we can get 1 on the free agent market, plus I think we'll be gettin Arthur Rhodes anyways since the a's got Chris Hammonds from the Yankees.

I tend to agree.

Here's my question:

Cause thats basically how this deal seems to work.  Its Maggs for Nomar and Cotts for Williamson.  I think the Sox are arguably getting hosed on both.  If nomar was more proven on the road and signed long term I'd say hell ya, but he's not.

Kenny wants Williamson. That's the only player he would wanna keep then send Nomah to LA for a good Package. Get more outta Maggs.

Gammons just said the Arod deal will happen this weekend and that Ken Williams is still going to deal Ordonez for Garciaparra and Williamson. The White Sox are then going to keep Nomar and Williamson. Source: ESPN News.

Are you actually for this happening or are you just trying to scare us? :huh:

I see it as this

The Sox arent doing anything this year in the playoffs( most Likely)

Maggs aint coming back next season, neither in Nomar

So you trade Maggs, get Nomar and WILLMOSON

So isnt it like basically getting willmson for nothing?

I guess so - but it's not like Williamson is anything special. 6.20 ERAs aren't that hard to find for free.

In the meantime, we have a worse hitter than maggs for a year AND we blow an opportunity to get something for him by trading him for pitching and young players.

Kenny wants Williamson. That's the only player he would wanna keep then send Nomah to LA for a good Package. Get more outta Maggs.

He's gonna make 3 mil and the Sox are gonna give them Cotts. Why not just spend the 3 mill...you could of gotten a pretty damn good reliever at that price via FA.

He's gonna make 3 mil and the Sox are gonna give them Cotts.  Why not just spend the 3 mill...you could of gotten a pretty damn good reliever at that price via FA.

Didn't we just not sign a couple of our own bullpen pitchers with similar credentials for the want of 3 or so million?

It's almost like KW is reading Peter Gammons articles as his scouting reports - the Nomar articles for the last 5 years (Gammons has told us how great he is) and the Williamson article when the redsox got him last fall

I guess so - but it's not like Williamson is anything special.  6.20 ERAs aren't that hard to find for free.

In the meantime, we have a worse hitter than maggs for a year AND we blow an opportunity to get something for him by trading him for pitching and young players.

Do you got the Right Williamson???

Jason, True but I guess Kenny wants him. I wish we would sign Arthur Rhodes

I tend to agree.

Here's my question:

Cause thats basically how this deal seems to work.  Its Maggs for Nomar and Cotts for Williamson.  I think the Sox are arguably getting hosed on both.  If nomar was more proven on the road and signed long term I'd say hell ya, but he's not.

Maggs for Nomar straight up no chance in hell I do that. If boston wants a prospect they gotta give more thatn Williamson. Probably a dead issue though, I hope KW has a plan b.

It'll be the Braves or us I think. The A's are out of the runnin now since they just traded for Hammonds. But don't be suprised if the Yanks wind up with him as well.

I whould think a deal like- Maggs and Cotts, for Nomar, Willimson and B.K. kim. I whouldnt like it, but I whould that whould be it.

The only way I accept Byung Hyung Kim on this ballclub is if he is converted into a starter.

Yea, I got the right one.

He comes to the AL and asked to pitch in the clutch and sports a 6.2 era in that effort.

Sounds awfully Rick Whitesque to me

Or Todd Ritchie - although his era was only 6.06

I highly doubt it will be Cotts, my feeling is that the Sox will give up Wright or Rauch if not both.

Is it my understanding that Danny Evans would rather eat razor blades than give KW anything of value?

Giving up both Rauch and Cotts is so f***ing short-sighted it's not even funny. While they are not going to help the Sox in terms of starting rotation, their effectiveness might increase as inning-eaters in BP (where they can learn ala Burhle and Barcelo in 2000), especially the former.

Yea, I got the right one.

He comes to the AL and asked to pitch in the clutch and sports a 6.2 era in that effort.

Sounds awfully Rick Whitesque to me

Or Todd Ritchie - although his era was only 6.06

Yeah but look at the Numbers in the Playoffs. ;)

Yeah but look at the Numbers in the Playoffs. ;)

Josh, I agree KW wants Williamson, but you don't give them Cotts for Williamson. I wouldn't make that deal, let alone do it when the Sox are giving then Magglio who in my opinion is more valuable then Nomar.

Mix that with the fact that the BoSox really want Magglio.

Josh, I agree KW wants Williamson, but you don't give them Cotts for Williamson.  I wouldn't make that deal, let alone do it when the Sox are giving then Magglio who in my opinion is more valuable then Nomar. 

Mix that with the fact that the BoSox really want Magglio.

True