Holocast-In cross configuration with Night

The Beast

Well not once did I say I hated Jews, hated the reatrded, hated homosexuals, or anything of the like. I do think it is retarded (stupid, etc, I know I made a poor word choice) that we simply cannot take a book for what it is worth, but must continually over-analyze again and again and again by writing a poem which i did not consider to be worth the while. That was the point I was trying to state.

But, cw, I do have problems with your post. For making one "mistake" on the boards, I think it is overwhelmingly unfair for you to jump on me and rip into me. My whole life is not sports. My whole life is not sex. Why you would insinuate this I do not know.

Also, how can you possibly jump on me with your rant, for my post which I do not think was so horribly bad, when you are such a big 'supporter' of eminem? You can say all you want not to take his lyrics out of context or take one thing he says against him, but then I would ask you to do the same to me. If we will have people on the boards who just watch over our every move and wait for us to stumble, then why even come here? I doubt the one word which I said was as bad of half of the garbage eminem preaches. So I ask you, cwsox, to not be a hypocrite and please do not hold one post against me. I'm definetly not taking back any of what I said, but simply clearing it up. I am completely taken by surprise that you would jump on me for saying the word 'retarded', yet glorify rappers like eminem who use much harsher of language. So once again, please do not be a hypocrite and rant on to me over one instance.

I like to consider myself mature for someone in high school. I am well aware that there are those much older than I on the boards who have said much worse. So could you possibly spend your time scolding those people, and leave me alone. I am sure you can find other people much worse than me.

Excellent post.

Cubsuck has been one of the most mature posters on the board. I could care less if he is in high school, because he doesn't act his age. He never gets into arguments with people, never attacks someone just out of the blue and he used one wrong word.

I understand some people are more sensitive about the word then others, but words do get changed around for different uses in society. They sometimes have multiple meanings.

I do not think you understood my point. I did not think we should not study the holocaust, read night, or do any projects/work about the book. IMO, we did not 'express ourselves' at all by 'writing' this poem. Simply taking the words straight from the text.

cubssuck, we may have in part a miscommunication here -

if the assignment was to parrot back something with no thinking involved, then that is the worst type of busy work that teaches nothing that can be assigned and I would consider that worthless indeed

if that was the point of the early part of the thread, it was not clear at all to me, which may be my mis-reading, or it wasn't expressed clearly for those of us who did not have the assignment and that information -

you have always been a good poster - know that and peace out

:headbang :headbang :headbang

People:

My father was a holocaust survivor, who was able to escape Poland and get to Israel, to fight for her independence in 1948.

Subsequently, I am sensitive to issues such as those discussed above, with good reason. Anti-Semitic/Anti-Israel sentiments are at their highest since the Nazis tried to conquer the world. We are being discriminated against all over Europe, the Middle East, Far East, as well as in the US and Canada, etc.

Now is not a good time to turn a blind eye...those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

People:

My father was a holocaust survivor, who was able to escape Poland and get to Israel, to fight for her independence in 1948.

Subsequently, I am sensitive to issues such as those discussed above, with good reason. Anti-Semitic/Anti-Israel sentiments are at their highest since the Nazis tried to conquer the world. We are being discriminated against all over Europe, the Middle East, Far East, as well as in the US and Canada, etc.

Now is not a good time to turn a blind eye...those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

Tell your father that he and all victims and survivors of Shoah are remembered always by some Christians who have made Shoah the center of their lives, knowing exactly who was responsible, calling our own faith to account for what it did, what it allowed, what it countenanced, what it overlooked, what it intentionally ignored.

The reminder that antiSemitism continues is very apt.

This board is one place where I have never seen any expression of antiSemitism. Perception depends in large part on one's sensitivities and filters - I would be interested if you see it different. To me, there are very good people who belong to soxtalk, including everyone who has posted in this thread, as I see it.

Excellent post.

Cubsuck has been one of the most mature posters on the board.  I could care less if he is in high school, because he doesn't act his age.  He never gets into arguments with people, never attacks someone just out of the blue and he used one wrong word. 

I understand some people are more sensitive about the word then others, but words do get changed around for different uses in society.  They sometimes have multiple meanings.

What can be said about me, Jason?