Woman Gets Bank Deposit With Breakfast

Texsox

WESTON, Fla. (AP) - A mother of three got a lot more than she ordered at a McDonald's drive-thru. Janice Meissner ordered a bagel and a Diet Coke for breakfast last week, but when she got her food bag it seemed ``super heavy.''

That was because it had hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in a sealed plastic bag - money that turned out to be the restaurant's bank deposit.

McDonald's officials, who wouldn't say exactly how much was involved, said the deposit was placed in a food bag as a security procedure to make it less conspicuous before it was taken to the bank.

They said it was accidentally left too close to the drive-thru window of the Weston fast-food chain.

``Someone didn't check twice before sending it out the window, obviously,'' said spokeswoman Beth Plotkin.

Meissner, who had just dropped off her 5-year-old daughter at preschool, paused for a moment before backing up her minivan to the pickup window and returning the money to the employee who handed her the bag.

``I said, `Do you want to know what was in this bag?''' Meissner recalled. ``She turned white as a ghost. She didn't realize the money was missing yet. She thanked me. And that was that.''

McDonald's officials said Thursday they are going to send Meissner a thank-you letter and $50 in gift certificates.

Cheap bastards - $50 in gift certificates?!  At least give her $50 in cash or a check.  I'm sorry I ate there last night (got home late because I went with my sister to take Nathan (her son) to see Santa - 4 1/2 months and didn't cry!).

Exactly what I was thinking! She could have made off with thousands and they give her gift certificates? Com on!