download question

southsider2k5

Yeah, .bmp, since they are a higher quality than JPEG or GIF, tend to be bigger in size, sometimes over a megabyte. You might as well just open the picture in Paint and do a File Save As and save it as a JPEG, then it should all work fine.

Sweet. I didn't know you could change the way the pic saves...Thanks Yatz you're a life saver.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, .bmp, since they are a higher quality than JPEG or GIF, tend to be bigger in size, sometimes over a megabyte. You might as well just open the picture in Paint and do a File Save As and save it as a JPEG, then it should all work fine.

Hiya Doin' Yatzman? I had the same problem! I saved my pic as a jpeg file. It shows up as "Currently used photo", but does not show up on the postings! Any ideas?

Hiya Doin' Yatzman? I had the same problem! I saved my pic as a jpeg file. It shows up as "Currently used photo", but does not show up on the postings! Any ideas?

What do you mean by not showing up on the postings? Are you trying to make the picture your avatar (the picture under your name), your signature (picture under your actual post), or just attach an image in a post?

What do you mean by not showing up on the postings? Are you trying to make the picture your avatar (the picture under your name), your signature (picture under your actual post), or just attach an image in a post?

Picture underneath the actual post! I downloaded the picture onto a jpeg file and then went from there. I went to "Change Personal Photo", placed the URL in IMG. The picture shows up as "Currently used photo", but nothing shows up under the actual post. When I tried it in Edit Signature, the only thing that showed up under my posting was the URL address that I pasted from properties.

Picture underneath the actual post! I downloaded the picture onto a jpeg file and then went from there. I went to "Change Personal Photo",  placed the URL in IMG. The picture shows up as "Currently used photo", but nothing shows up under the actual post. When I tried it in Edit Signature, the only thing that showed up under my posting was the URL address that I pasted from properties.

Make sure you are in 'Edit Sig.' I normally do two of one things. If it is on my computer's hard drive, I attach it to a post in the photo forum, and then go to properties, copy the url and then put the url in for the sig. If it is from another website, I just go to properties, copy the url, and then post it in for sig.

Make sure you are in 'Edit Sig.' I normally do two of one things. If it is on my computer's hard drive, I attach it to a post in the photo forum, and then go to properties, copy the url and then put the url in for the sig. If it is from another website, I just go to properties, copy the url, and then post it in for sig.

:cheers :cheers :cheers Hey Mr. Tatzman!!! Just wanted to say thanks for your help and all the responses that you gave back. Picture is finally on there, but a strange thing happened that I can't figure out. I did everything you told me, and tried the 2 different ways that you posted me back on, and nothing happened. When I pasted thr URL, the URL kept showing up as my sig. Didn't matter if I used bmp, or jpeg. "Soxheads" sends me a URL to paste, I do so, and "bingo" the picture pops up! Really confused on this one, but no matter! At least it's finally up there. When time permits, I'll try and learn to use the fonts better so my words come up in the right places with out the {size 7} {color} fonts

showing up along with the sig. As of now, my words popped up in places that were not planned. Until then, Thank You once again for Everything!!! "You-Da-Man!!!! :headbang