sterling hichcock

Ishmookie

Some of you guys like to cry "the sky is falling" every time some other team signs a player ... no matter how mediocre, expensive, etc.

And if they DID sign these mediocre players, you same guys would be the first ones to say "HE SUCKS" or "HE BLOWS" when they prove to be, well ... mediocre.

I had to laugh when Williams said yesterday the Sox will bring in 1 or 2 guys for the pitching staff, and he'll be criticized for who he brings in ... just like he was last year for bringing in Tom Gordon, and then criticized when they let Gordon walk.

There will be LOTS of players on the market in the next few weeks.

Yeah but at some point you have to just say, what the f***; he has a cool name, let's sign him. A decent 5th starter for a team that has WS assperations will probably not be a rookie, Marlins being the exception.

;)

Some of you guys like to cry "the sky is falling" every time some other team signs a player ... no matter how mediocre, expensive, etc.

And if they DID sign these mediocre players, you same guys would be the first ones to say "HE SUCKS" or "HE BLOWS" when they prove to be, well ... mediocre.

I had to laugh when Williams said yesterday the Sox will bring in 1 or 2 guys for the pitching staff, and he'll be criticized for who he brings in ... just like he was last year for bringing in Tom Gordon, and then criticized when they let Gordon walk.

Good post. SOOOOO true. :headbang :cheers

I'd much rather they bring in someone like Freddy Garcia on the cheap vs. Sterling Hitchcock.

They haven't made a trade yet either, I'd be shocked if they don't. Any trade they make is bound to address some of the pitching needs, and I think they're targeting a little higher than a #5 starter.

I loved the Gordon signing from the get go...of course I had nothing against the White signing either. If I recall it was you that thought it was a huge mistake to sign White Flag. :D

Good Post

No sir ... it was not me, I don't think I was on this site when they signed Rick White, although I could be wrong about when I registered.

I was in favor of Rick White, I thought the veteran bullpen presence would help, and Im rarely NOT in favor of bringing in depth guys.