Mark Knopfler

BrandoFan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCartney and Brian Wilson would make my top 20 if I bothered to put it down. Ditto Elton John, Aaron Neville, Old-world Peter Cetera (back when the guys in Chicago still had penises), Simon and Garfunkle, David Crosby and Graham Nash...

Tony Bennet is a crooner but I enjoy him.

I saw this guy named Jason Mraz on Austin City Limits this weekend who I thought had a very mature vocal delivery for a young guy (gotta find some of his stuff).  In a different style, I think teh same thing about Rufus Wainright.

:notworthy :notworthy Rufus Wainwright :notworthy :notworthy

I'm probably in the minority here, but i honestly love to hear Fiona Apple sing, I love her lyrics, her piano playing. Yeah, she has issues outside of music, but read about her f***ed up upbringing, and maybe that'll explain it.

And of course, Dave Grohl is my man. I still argue to this day that he is one of the most talented guys out there right now in the music industry.

Then theres Coldplay. Yeah, they are becoming more and more commercial, but there is a reason thats happening: its just damn good music. "Rush of Blood to the Head" hasn't left my CD player in my car for a month now. Also been listening to "Parachutes" which, actually maybe a better CD.

Eddie Vedder has long been one of my favorite vocalists. Those guys keep churning out quality CDs, even through bandmember changes. Talk about long lifespan in the music scene

is that mitch hedberg?

and yeah, rufus is quality. "Across the Universe" from the I AM SAM soundtrack, (for our beatle fans) will impress you, nay, win you over completely.

Bah....Fiona Apples version has it beat!!!! But yeah, I have heard it PA, pretty solid.

I'm probably in the minority here, but i honestly love to hear Fiona Apple sing, I love her lyrics, her piano playing. Yeah, she has issues outside of music, but read about her f***ed up upbringing, and maybe that'll explain it.

And of course, Dave Grohl is my man. I still argue to this day that he is one of the most talented guys out there right now in the music industry.

Then theres Coldplay. Yeah, they are becoming more and more commercial, but there is a reason thats happening: its just damn good music. "Rush of Blood to the Head" hasn't left my CD player in my car for a month now. Also been listening to "Parachutes" which, actually maybe a better CD.

Eddie Vedder has long been one of my favorite vocalists. Those guys keep churning out quality CDs, even through bandmember changes. Talk about long lifespan in the music scene

damn, Capn...you had me until eddy vedder.

Fiona is great. her version of ATU is with johnny Cash, yes? no? They did a duet, I remember hearing. Quality.

Coldplay is arguably just one of the most solid bands. not amazing. just solid. Great DVD by the way (live 2003)

and dave grohl is dave grohl....nirvana, foo, tenacious D, queens of the stone age. and his duo with Triumph on the bilboard awards...AWESOME.

damn, Capn...you had me until eddy vedder.

Fiona is great. her version of ATU is with johnny Cash, yes? no? They did a duet, I remember hearing. Quality.

Coldplay is arguably just one of the most solid bands. not amazing. just solid. Great DVD by the way (live 2003)

and dave grohl is dave grohl....nirvana, foo, tenacious D, queens of the stone age. and his duo with Triumph on the bilboard awards...AWESOME.

Vedder is solid...lately he's been slipping IMO...but damn, those boys been touring for 13-15 years...touring has taken its toll on Eddie and his voice.

BTW, check out Probot if you can download some of it. Dave's Metal side project. I havent heard any of it yet, but something Grohl put quite a bit of time getting together. Here is the info.

Also, Fiona's new CD comes out in Jan or Feb supposedly. She takes her time with new albums, but damn worth it IMO.