Willie Harris

CSF

Obviously, the guy's got some talent. But with Valentin set to play SS, & the Sox high on D'Angelo Jimenez at 2B, where do we put Harris? I think if Rowand struggles in center, I'd rather see Borchard out there due to the defense and his throwing arm. But I sure as hell don't want to give up on Willie Harris. He could be a valuable commodity to this franchise. Should he wait a year, then take over 2B in 2004 & move to Jimenez to SS. Should he be a super sub (ala Graffanino). And can he play any other position besides 2B & CF? What does everybody think?

i would rather play harris over valentine and put jimenez at ss this year. let valetine be the man off the bench for hitting.

if we did that and borchard didnt win the CF job we wouldnt have one left handed bat in the line up that could hit more than 5 home runs...we need both jose in the line up everyday and borchard to have a great spring and win the CF job to balance the line up out imo

i would rather play harris over valentine and put jimenez at ss this year. let valetine be the man off the bench for hitting.

if we did that and borchard didnt win the CF job we wouldnt have one left handed bat in the line up that could hit more than 5 home runs...we need both jose in the line up everyday and borchard to have a great spring and win the CF job to balance the line up out imo

That's for sure... As of right now, we NEED Jose in the line-up.

In response to the "Where do we play him" inquiry? How about the bench? If not there, definitely the minor leagues to start 2003. Willie Harris was rushed to the ML's and needs more work in the minors as evidenced by his bat in the later part of 2002's season..... which was slightly more dangerous than only Choice K-layton's.