According to ESPN 1000 AM Bruce Levine:

CSF

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from an article that KW thought he could resign Lee at 4 years for 20 million. Not sure about 2 years at 15 million, that's a lot for an outfielder who only really had 1 good year last year, but I'm all for keeping Carlos. He was our most consistent AB last year whether it was at the #2 or #5 spot.

I heard from an article that KW thought he could resign Lee at 4 years for 20 million. Not sure about 2 years at 15 million, that's a lot for an outfielder who only really had 1 good year last year, but I'm all for keeping Carlos. He was our most consistent AB last year whether it was at the #2 or #5 spot.

Two good years. In 02, he drew walks like no other and really helped us out quite a bit in doing so. In the second half of that year, he was very, very dangerous at the plate.

If he can have that kind of patience at the plate while hitting the s*** out of the ball and stealing a base every now and then, you are worth $7.5 mill a year.

Good signing. And I gotta figure that it almost guarantees that possibly all our other big contracts are gone(being Maggs, Koch, Kong, and Manos, probably traded in that order too if I had to take a guess)

This is a great move. Next year when payroll is more flexible we still have El Caballo to build a team around. Don't know what to think about Thomas (if he's still around). If he puts up a great year I wouldnt mind signing him for another year or two. After 500 home runs Thomas can do whatever the hell he wants with another team, but he should hit #500 with us.

Two good years.  In 02, he drew walks like no other and really helped us out quite a bit in doing so.  In the second half of that year, he was very, very dangerous at the plate.

If he can have that kind of patience at the plate while hitting the s*** out of the ball and stealing a base every now and then, you are worth $7.5 mill a year. 

Good signing.  And I gotta figure that it almost guarantees that possibly all our other big contracts are gone(being Maggs, Koch, Kong, and Manos, probably traded in that order too if I had to take a guess)

I bet he took less this year, and they make it up to him with a little extra for next year to help add talent to the roster

This is a great move.  Next year when payroll is more flexible we still have El Caballo to build a team around.  Don't know what to think about Thomas (if he's still around).  If he puts up a great year I wouldnt mind signing him for another year or two.  After 500 home runs Thomas can do whatever the hell he wants with another team, but he should hit #500 with us.

He'll be around. He and his agent actually think before they act and he'll realize that the $8 mill he'll get next year will be WAY better then anything he gets anywhere else. I figure that, at the VERY best, he'll hit .280 50 130 this year....and that is at the VERY best(mainly because he only cares about home runs now).

I expect more around .260 35 110 or so with a good OPS.

Bye-byegglio.

I was hoping it would be 2-year/11 or 12 tops.

His defense is average at best and 2003 was a career baserunning year. Knows a little bit about GIDP as well.

First Valentin. Colon offer. Then Buerhle. Now Lee. This franchise is speding money like.....it has it.

BrandoFan...the franchise HAS money. As I said to you before, if JR wasn't making money on the Sox, he'd have sold the team a long time ago!

Of course he has money. He is a rich man. He didn't become rich by blowing lots and lots of it on a baseball team.

And he is not about to lose HIS and his partners' profit so YOU can watch the team win a few more games on public TV.

Get your (and your fellow Sox fans') ass to the park, eat a lot of nachos, buy every T-shirt and baseball poster you can find......In short, make JR a TON of cash and he will graciously up the payroll by 10-15 Mill.

Help HIM help YOU. End of story.

:rolleyes:  lazy lawn ornament gets to stay ..........  Mags goes BS

LAZY LAWN ORNAMENT???? CARLOS LEE HUSTLES 24/7 OUT THERE...DON'T BE CALLING HIM A LAWN ORNAMENT!!!

HELL f***ING YEA BABY!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'M SUPER STOKED HERE!!! Carlos Lee will tear it up even more this year...You all watch!

Let's start the Carlos Lee for team MVP in 2004 campaign right now!!! :headbang

Of course he has money.  He is a rich man. He didn't become rich by blowing lots and lots of it on a baseball team.

And he is not about to lose HIS and his partners' profit so YOU can watch the team win a few more games on public TV.

Get your (and your fellow Sox fans') ass to the park, eat a lot of nachos, buy every T-shirt and baseball poster you can find......In short, make JR a TON of cash and he will graciously up the payroll by 10-15 Mill.

Help HIM help YOU.  End of story.

I find it personally very frightening that I am agreeing with so much lately.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

LAZY LAWN ORNAMENT????  CARLOS LEE HUSTLES 24/7 OUT THERE...DON'T BE CALLING HIM A LAWN ORNAMENT!!!

HELL f***ING YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  I'M SUPER STOKED HERE!!!  Carlos Lee will tear it up even more this year...You all watch!

I believe the phrase that was au courant for some was "lawn jockey" but as you know I was not in that number -

I am pleased that CLee has been signed to this contract - if every player improved their play from season to season as much as he has improved his the past several years, I'd be wearing WS WS t-shirts

(although I stiull wish he would wear his sunglasses over his eyes and not on his hat for day games... tell him, will ya?)