Last couple of days on the boards

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I dont know about you guys but the last couple of days have been so funny around here it defies description. Between the flame wars on that rediculous showering thread to the craziness of the Couples thread I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard. It really amazes me how thin skinned people are and how funny it can be when they overreact to a bunch of written words on a computer screen.

What I don't get is the powers that are jump in quickly to lock a thread that says nothing but allow someone who has been a very good member here to get slandered. Hateful speech, these personal attacks, are allowed to continue and even encouraged.

So I guess if I say XXXX is a ass hole, child molesting, slut, duche bag, that sleeps with rodents; that is a good post that somehow contributes to the site. If I find pics if chicks that come as close to nudity as possible, that contributes to the site.

Look at all the people who took the time to register a screen name and then left after less than 10 posts. I wonder why?

I guess were playing king of the hill and the one with the thickest skin wins.

:puke

What I don't get is the powers that are jump in quickly to lock a thread that says nothing but allow someone who has been a very good member here to get slandered. Hateful speech, these personal attacks, are allowed to continue and even encouraged.

So I guess if I say XXXX is a ass hole, child molesting, slut, duche bag, that sleeps with rodents; that is a good post that somehow contributes to the site. If I find pics if chicks that come as close to nudity as possible, that contributes to the site.

Look at all the people who took the time to register a screen name and then left after less than 10 posts. I wonder why?

I guess were playing king of the hill and the one with the thickest skin wins.

:puke

Hateful speech isn't being encouraged. With the focus of openness it is hard to step in sometimes and ban people. The Admins have tried to make this as open of a place as possible. The problem is that sometimes people take advantage of it. Some people just get banned instantly like that Nomar 7 idiot. They are easy to identify. Others know how to play the system that this site has in place, and Beastly and a couple of others have been experts at it. Now Beastly is gone, and I think this site is a better place for it.

Honestly Tex, I think your only fault in your Spammers ball post was it was too sharp. I really don't think 90% of the people who read it, got it, and that is why it deteriorated. Not because of you, but because of the people who thought it literally was a thread for spam :bang

You add a great element to this site, but I also think it might be time to let this subject die on the boards. There is no more good coming from the talking about it.

I dont know about you guys but the last couple of days have been so funny around here it defies description.  Between the flame wars on that rediculous showering thread to the craziness of the Couples thread I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard.  It really amazes me how thin skinned people are and how funny it can be when they overreact to a bunch of written words on a computer screen.

Who you calling thin-skinned, you sonofa-? :lol: :bang

Since the other thread was locked..I'll just repost this here:

EDIT: Heather, i don't know you and I have little interaction with you on this board, but I apologize for what happened yesterday. This was obscene and of course will be ignored by the mods. Those involved in this were no better than clujer, spamiard/roman, or bmr. I admit to being harsh and quick to judge others, and I think that is something I've tried to work on and people have commented on it, so I feel good that I'm at least trying. I don't want to limit what people say on this site, I think everyone has a right to say whatever they way to say. However, I think it's all of our responsibility to think about what we're posting and whether it's something really worthwhile. I understand that this is "just a message board", but I think there's a deeper sense of community here that you don't find on other sites. I think that's what makes this place so freakin' great. I don't think I'll stop posting here, I don't know what I think from time to time. Getting fed up with stupid kids like beastly, or flaming haters like the three headed hate mongers is something that those of us who care about the future of this site SHOULD be doing. I don't want to come off dramatic or overplaying this one incident, but I think it's just a reflection of the greater problem at hand. whatever, I'm sure I'll be jumped all over because of my opinions. have a good day.

Thought for the day: How am I positively/negatively affecting this website? If there's a negative imbalance, how can I change that? If there's a positive excess, how can i use that encourage others?

Solid post PA. The thing I'll have to do a better job of is keeping posts from getting to this point, although almost always I talk to the people involved via aim or pm to try and clear it up. I think thats the case of what happened in that thread or at least I hope so.

And I'm with ya, I love this board because of the "community" feeling to it. I think that same feeling sometimes leads to people having spats with each other at times. Kind of like every once in a while u get in a fight with family members or friends or whoever else.

Solid post PA.  The thing I'll have to do a better job of is keeping posts from getting to this point, although almost always I talk to the people involved via aim or pm to try and clear it up.  I think thats the case of what happened in that thread or at least I hope so. 

And I'm with ya, I love this board because of the "community" feeling to it.  I think that same feeling sometimes leads to people having spats with each other at times. Kind of like every once in a while u get in a fight with family members or friends or whoever else.

Oh of course, be nice to pa. Damn I wish I was as smooth as himAnyone else notice how ChiSoxfn all of a sudden is around here padding his post count :rolleyes:

Kind of like every once in a while u get in a fight with family members or friends or whoever else

Geez, i think I'm one of the most forthcoming people with info from my personal life, but whatever. I'm kinda in the middle of this with my family. I hate alot of behaviors, patterns, and roles that we've gradually worked ourselves into over the years. It usually comes to a head when I let a the littlest thing spark me off into a rant about how crappy the communication is within our family, etc. The point is, and i address the numerous quality posters on this site, Chisoxfn, Southsider, Texsox, Heads, to name the few, whom I think we all agree go out of their way to welcome people, unlike at WSI, the esoteric piece of elitist crap it is, IMO, this place is what WE make it. I know what I do to antagonize people around here, and it's something that I should change, because I don't want to see anymore people leave this site. I don't think I'll stop being a smart ass, but I will learn to take a deep breath before responding in a profanity ridden post. Beastly got his, because he's just a kid and wanted people to notice him.

Tex, your thread made it's point and while we could debate whether or not it should be locked, that's not the point. You and I and others are pissed at the misanthropes, muckrakers, and garbage collecting that goes on here. It's not gonna keep happening.

step one...everyone lighten up

step two....make sure you're breathing :lol:

step three...everyone donate money to the Sox4life wants to move to PA fund

step four...change occurs when you look for it

step five...donate to the Sox4life's never been to a game at Comiskey,er,USC fund

step six...repeat 3 and 5 as necessary :lol:

step five...donate to the Sox4life's never been to a game at Comiskey,er,USC fund

USC is a team that is losing its bowl game

USCF is where the Sox play.

with mistakes like that in your posts, I am not donating a damn red cent

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

USC is a team that is losing its bowl game

USCF is where the Sox play.

with mistakes like that in your posts, I am not donating a damn red cent

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Your in trouble PA...if CW ain't giving ya a penny..then neither am I :lol:

Great post though PA...I agree fully.

Fund thyself, mofo. I go into hock to fly in for a series or two each year (with my wife and kids in warm weather, the wimps!). If you weren't buying rings and crud for that girlfriend you'd have money to spend on the really important stuff too!

Geez, i think I'm one of the most forthcoming people with info from my personal life, but whatever. I'm kinda in the middle of this with my family. I hate alot of behaviors, patterns, and roles that we've gradually worked ourselves into over the years. It usually comes to a head when I let a the littlest thing spark me off into a rant about how crappy the communication is within our family, etc. The point is, and i address the numerous quality posters on this site, Chisoxfn, Southsider, Texsox, Heads, to name the few, whom I think we all agree go out of their way to welcome people, unlike at WSI, the esoteric piece of elitist crap it is, IMO,  this place is what WE make it. I know what I do to antagonize people around here, and it's something that I should change, because I don't want to see anymore people leave this site. I don't think I'll stop being a smart ass, but I will learn to take a deep breath before responding in a profanity ridden post. Beastly got his, because he's just a kid and wanted people to notice him.

Tex, your thread made it's point and while we could debate whether or not it should be locked, that's not the point. You and I and others are pissed at the misanthropes, muckrakers, and garbage collecting that goes on here. It's not gonna keep happening.

step one...everyone lighten up

step two....make sure you're breathing :lol:

step three...everyone donate money to the Sox4life wants to move to PA fund

step four...change occurs when you look for it

step six...repeat 3 and 5 as necessary :lol:

One bright shiney Canadian quarter is on it's way divide it between #3 and #5 as you see fit.