Favorite Cartoon Shows From Back in the Days

Chisoxfn

Alright...since we don't got much to talk about who the Sox have signed (NOT YET AT LEAST). I figured it be kind of cool to bring up your favorite cartoons or other shows when you were a wee lad. Since we have all different generations here it will be kind of cool to see what everyone liked.

For me it had to be:

Gumby

Inspector Gadget

Duck Tales (Man did that show kick butt)

GI Joe

Flinstones (if I was home during the afternoon it was the only cartoon on, so I grew to like it)

I'll think of others...mind is blank right now.

Since my day goes back a little further than yours does, I am going to add somemore 70/80's flava

The Archies

The Great Grape Ape

Speed Racer

The Smurfs

And I can't remember the name of it, but the one where they are trying to "Get that Pigeon"... I loved Muttly from that one.

Oh SNAP!! The Smurfs!!

Man I LOVED that cartoon!!

Poor Gargamel (sp?) ....

OK, I'm adding:

Transformers (You rule steff...thats a badass cartoon show :) )

Scooby Doo (Not once could I ever figure out who did it...man was I retarded, lol)

Rugrats and Doug (Patty Mayonaise...the Beats...lmao)

I got a HUGE Optimus Prime action figure for Christmas one year. It stood nearly 3 feet tall "transformed". I arranged my life around that show...

I had Optimus until I was 18 and he got broken when I moved into my first apartment. It was a sad day...

And I can't remember the name of it, but the one where they are trying to "Get that Pigeon"... I loved Muttly from that one.

Originally Dastardly Dan and Muttly were chasing the pigeon and Penelope in "The Perils of Penelope Pitstop," and the running gag continued in the "Wacky Races," "Laff-A-Lympics," and similar Hanna-Barbarra 70s retreads.

my favorite H-B show from that time was Hong Kong Fuey. Scatman Crothers was great as the voice of Hong Kong.

I was a big fan of the Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Sub-Mariner and Thor cartoons.

1/2 hour a day, one for each day of the week ( I remember Iron Man being on Thursday, not sure about the rest of the order ).

Also liked the Wacky Races, Looney Tunes and the Schoolhouse Rock toons in between shows on ABC.

I was a big fan of the Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Sub-Mariner and Thor cartoons.

1/2 hour a day, one for each day of the week ( I remember Iron Man being on Thursday, not sure about the rest of the order ).

Also liked the Wacky Races, Looney Tunes and the Schoolhouse Rock toons in between shows on ABC.

Damn I forgot about schoolhouse rock!! :headbang

The 'Marvel Cavalcade of Heroes' shows were great. The animation was sooo bad – basically pictures cut out of the comic books and zoomed across a background sometimes. I (sadly) can still recite the words to the theme songs for Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor, but the SubmarEEEEner theme escapes me.

The animation was much better on the ralph Bakshi-produced Spider-Man series from just after that period, but they also tried to get away on the cheap whenever they could.