Please Welcome Two New Mods

Chisoxfn

PA, also a mod on the sports board, should fit in greatly at Sex, Lies and Politics, afterall it is where he spends most of his time. He's a good guy and sarcastic as hell, but I think he'll do a good job.

TexSox is a first time mod but a great poster. He will become an awesome mod and he has always been one of the first to welcome new posters, start new and interesting threads and if he thinks something is wrong, he's more then willing to speak out against it.

Welcome aboard to the two of ya :cheers

Call me cooky, but I sure hope these mods given out weren't given so they wouldn't leave, since they were the two people threatening to leave.

You read my mind.

Now if I don't want PA editing my posts I'll have to go Pale Hose Talk, Photo Album, or Test board.

I can honestly say this only came up after I apologized to Jason for thinking he should be perfect all the time, and also to the others I jumped on.

As far as how many mods the forums need, if you are going to accept the premis that mods are needed, then you need to assure that there is a reasonable chance a mod is around all the time. If you have 2 mods then theoretically for the mod function to happen, they should each be on 12 hours a day. Catching something after it has spilled into 10 pages of slander doesn't work. Again, that assumes a mod is needed.

ya know, if your in desperate need a of a new calandar admin, ill take the job ;)

HEY! I'm the backup calendar admin sonny. Now I put the stuff in, even though I won't. :|

In all seriousness, I do have the ability to do it, since the Chat Admin was given power to put game dates on the calendar for gameday chats and stuff.

spiff settle down. I was absolved of any wrong doing in Big12thread-gate. I'm not gonna edit your posts. (just delete them)

as for the leaving/staying issue. I was just making the point that if all of our best posters keep leaving, it constantly leave us with the problem and not the solution. In real life I'm learning that if you want something to change for the better, you first have to change for the better and then influence others in that change. I'm not going anywhere so long as my favorite posters are here. I, as well as many others, have expressed the community they feel at soxtalk...much more than any of the others sites. I challenge everyone to make this a better place, cos it's getting old to see people constantly tearing others apart, such as the mistreatment of heather.

if you need a reminder...just think.... WWJD

What would Jason do? :lol:

but seriously, I'm gonna ban every last mfer that messes with me ;)

HEY! I'm the backup calendar admin sonny. Now I put the stuff in, even though I won't. :|

In all seriousness, I do have the ability to do it, since the Chat Admin was given power to put game dates on the calendar for gameday chats and stuff.

Gonna put anthin new in the Calendar now Yahtzee? :o

as well as any and EVERY date of the following bands....

Deep Banana Blackout

Keller Williams

String Cheese Incident

Phish

the Dead

Gwar

Maybe later*.

*As in 5 years maybe. :bringit

cos it's getting old to see people constantly tearing others apart, such as the mistreatment of heather.

I don't think you realize what happened there at all.

Whether intentionally or not (probably both), Heather managed to turn on the living f*** out of everyone, so there was a collective tug-the-plait dorky expression of affection, which in turn later spilled over into a rather disgusting free-for-all. Lots of touching. Ew.

It was all cwsox and Jasons and Tizzle, and also the fair Apu who hates the idea of Henry-n-Hather. I was innocent as I only chimed in with garden-variety callous sarcasm. Believe it or not I can be a good guy when I am not mean and creepy. Believe me.

Redbird is a'it in my book. But the gayCott sig needs to GO.

Hope this clears everything up, Mod'f***a.

I can honestly say this only came up after I apologized to Jason for thinking he should be perfect all the time, and also to the others I jumped on.

As far as how many mods the forums need, if you are going to accept the premis that mods are needed, then you need to assure that there is a reasonable chance a mod is around all the time. If you have 2 mods then theoretically for the mod function to happen, they should each be on 12 hours a day. Catching something after it has spilled into 10 pages of slander doesn't work. Again, that assumes a mod is needed.

Are we really that afraid of slander that we need 120 mods patrolling at all times?

The chances of mods even having to do stuff are slim if they don't overtep their bounds. I've been one since whenever the Sports Bar was created, and a little before that and there's only been like two instances where something needed to be handled.

Are we really that afraid of slander that we need 120 mods patrolling at all times?

The chances of mods even having to do stuff are slim if they don't overtep their bounds. I've been one since whenever the Sports Bar was created, and a little before that and there's only been like two instances where something needed to be handled.

That is the biggest problem. Overstepping their bounds. And I do remember when PA did that. I am just not sure all these mods are needed. Jas, Heads, Show, Murcie, and cw are fine for monitoring the boards.

That is the biggest problem. Overstepping their bounds. And I do remember when PA did that. I am just not sure all these mods are needed. Jas, Heads, Show, Murcie, and cw are fine for monitoring the boards.

Jesus Stevie, leave PA and Tex alone. They are not ones to abuse power.

How can it hurt? If they see a troll, they can lock or delete a thread without bothering Chisoxfn, cwsox, heads, Murcie, etc. who have OTHER things to worry about, you know. Duh.

Spiff is a Mod, so he knows it's all good.