how out of shape is colon

soxfan420

He's not skinny and he's never gonna be. Additionally his motion puts a lot of stress on his arm and shoulder. He has made some adjustments in his pitch selection in recent years, setting up hitters instead of trying to blow everyone away. I say relax. He'll get in good enough shape. With any luck at all, this should be one of the best Sox acquisitions in a long time. Just having Colon on the staff should help every other starter, expecially Buehrle. How'd you like to face those two guys back to back in the same series? Two completely different styles. I've never been a fan of Sox management. But maybe, just maybe someone got the message, the fans are tired and 1917 was a long time ago. I look forward to seeing Colon pitch.

He doesn't look like he's in bad shape there....in fact, he looks like the pitcher we all saw last year and in years past.

However, you can add a lot of weight in 2 months if all you do is sit around and eat....I'm sure he loses most, if not all the added weight before ST...and then during ST, he will lose even more weight.

He doesn't look like he's in bad shape there....in fact, he looks like the pitcher we all saw last year and in years past.

However, you can add a lot of weight in 2 months if all you do is sit around and eat....I'm sure he loses most, if not all the added weight before ST...and then during ST, he will lose even more weight.

Well he also trained for the Dominican league and pitched 5 innings before the Expos shut him down so I'm thinking he didn't just sit around and eat for 2 months.

In Lane 1, Bart Colon

In Lane 2, Wilbur Wood

In Lane 3, David Wells

In Lane 4, Micky Lolich

In Lane 5, Terry Forster

50 yard dash - who runs

1 mile run - who finishes

Not a handsome face or a svelte body among any of them, but all are/were pretty damn good pitchers.

In Lane 1, Bart Colon

In Lane 2, Wilbur Wood

In Lane 3, David Wells

In Lane 4, Micky Lolich

In Lane 5, Terry Forster

50 yard dash - who runs

Not a handsome face or a svelte body among any of them, but all are/were pretty damn good pitchers.

kinda my point

In Lane 1, Bart Colon

In Lane 2, Wilbur Wood

In Lane 3, David Wells

In Lane 4, Micky Lolich

In Lane 5, Terry Forster

50 yard dash - who runs

kinda my point

i think david wells was in lane 3 and 4 if memory serve me correct ;)

its not but if it affects there abiltiy to go late in the game.

Colon is one of those rare pitchers that has always appeared to get STRONGER as the game went on. Plus, he's pitching for a new contract somewhere next year. Colon will be fine..... barring any unforeseen injury.