Barrett

LDF

Beats me.

how bout to cat.

more clues!

Since we only had a last name of a non Sox player. wasn't sure who was meant. But the phrase "to cat" makes me think it should read "to catch" and that means we are talking about Mike Barret of Montreal. Should have guessed that with the Josh Paul comment.

request: please when people post, include a bit of information for those who do not have every teams' 40 man roster memorized - to id "Barrett" as "Mike Barret, Montreal catcher" takes a few seconds more to type but it really helps us stupid people like me.

Without looking up is stats - are they good? - what do we gain with him, in anyone's opinions? Asking to learn, I do not follow the NL much at all so I know little/nothing about their players.

barrett hit 12 - 49 .263 last year in 376 at bats...career 260 hitter...defensvely he looks pretty weak...982 lifetime fldg pct.. thrown out 67 of 223 runners attemting to steal (30%)..has had as many as 9 passed ball in a season twice...probably overpaid at 2.5 million imo...

not argung, just talking - doesn't barrett offer field percenatages and batting averages equivilant with JP who we already have for less money if Olivo is a bust? I just don't see the need. Not arguing with you, but I would be interested in your opinion as to why we need him if we have Paul. You may have an insight that I have not thought of yet.

then I go back to my original question -

why would the Sox want Barrett?

maybe b/c olvio may never pan out.

Then we use Olivo as a defensive catcher alone....we can only hope that he is as good as he is supposed to be.

In a similar debate, HSC knows her stuff....and she said Olivo is one of her boys.

She also said that about Maggs, if I remember correctly.

Am I right, HSC?

not argung, just talking - doesn't barrett offer field percenatages and batting averages equivilant with JP who we already have for less money if Olivo is a bust?  I just don't see the need.  Not arguing with you, but I would be interested in your opinion as to why we need him if we have Paul.  You may have an insight that I have not thought of yet.

in my own opinion which may be a little one sided or thinking, i just thought he, barrett may be better than paul. but if the stats don't back it and everybody here is saying different, then on this one, i will give in. i am not tooooo sure of barrett or paul or olvio.