Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

Ouch. Well at least your having fun. Your coach must be an Ozzie Guillen type. Ours wasn't and he made us run a lot if we lost and even if we won. He expected us to do our best at all times, no matter what. :rolleyes: It was still fun, but summer league will kick ass because I can now play positions I like and am the best at (i.e. pitching and catching) and not be a leftfielder.

Oh not at all. Our coach is military on us; we run 8 tours after every game, regardless of the result (foul pole to foul pole, running along the warning track)...

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh not at all.  Our coach is military on us; we run 8 tours after every game, regardless of the result (foul pole to foul pole, running along the warning track)...

:lol: Haha Our coach was the same way, he was in the Marines. For every half inning he didn't think we gave him the effort we should have, it was one tour.

My Freshman team ended their season this week. We were 10-5 with about 7 rain outs that never got made up. I now start several different summer leagues in the next few weeks.

How are everyone elses teams doing?

My softball team is 4-0. I am hitting almost .700 going 12-15 in the last 3 games. :headbang

This Pistons-Pacers game is 17-12 after the first quarter, what a terrible display by both teams. This is the Eastern Conference finals, no less.

It continues to boggle my mind how the American sports-watching public prefers basketball over hockey. The game, as it's played today, is a bastardized version riddled with egregious violations of the rules that go uncalled (traveling, palming, hand-checking, etc), and plain old terrible shooting. The whole point is to put the ball in the basket, and yet these players make nine million dollars per year to miss open shots.

I guess we can thank Pat Riley for this, but it just goes to prove that a great deal of sportsfans are sheep.

This Pistons-Pacers game is 17-12 after the first quarter, what a terrible display by both teams.  This is the Eastern Conference finals, no less.

It continues to boggle my mind how the American sports-watching public prefers basketball over hockey.  The game, as it's played today, is a bastardized version riddled with egregious violations of the rules that go uncalled (traveling, palming, hand-checking, etc), and plain old terrible shooting.  The whole point is to put the ball in the basket, and yet these players make  nine million dollars per year to miss open shots. 

I guess we can thank Pat Riley for this, but it just goes to prove that a great deal of sportsfans are sheep.

While I don't buy it, the same arguements can be made about hockey. The clutching, grabbing, nuetral zone trapping etc, makes the game hard to watch at times. Hockey isn't the free flowing game of the 1980s that is used to be either.

While I don't buy it, the same arguements can be made about hockey.  The clutching, grabbing, nuetral zone trapping etc, makes the game hard to watch at times.  Hockey isn't the free flowing game of the 1980s that is used to be either.

I was going to say the same thing as SS2k456789 --

Hockey is much more fun to watch with more open ice...

The NBA is terrible though --

College Basketball>NBA

International Hockey>NHL

True, and I'd like it a whole lot more if the ice was wider, international style. What I'm saying is, basketball gets so much more attention, nobody takes issue at all with how poor the quality of play is.

Also, you don't see as much of the holding in hockey in the playoffs, nobody wants to take a penalty that puts their team in trouble.

True, and I'd like it a whole lot more if the ice was wider, international style.  What I'm saying is, basketball gets so much more attention, nobody takes issue at all with how poor the quality of play is.

Also, you don't see as much of the holding in hockey in the playoffs, nobody wants to take a penalty that puts their team in trouble.

Basketball also doesn't catch near as much (well, none really) for scheduling their playoff games so late at night. Baseball does it and everyone complains because the kids can't stay up to watch it. WTF is the difference? :huh

That a way! Softball is a fun sport to play and it is easy as hell to hit so it's more fun.

What part of Valpo do you guys live in? We play most of our games there. As a matter of a fact Thursday we play out behind the railroad tracks that run behind that cemetary right south of Kelsies

I played Battle of the Sexes on NTN the other night. Those units you type your answers into suck!  :angry:

But the chicks won anyway..  :headbang

That's just cuz I wasn't there to own that game again. :lol: Lots of times after the youth group Ang and I voluteer with goes out to BW3's and that is the game that is usually playing. Being married goes a long way towards learning all of that female crap. Those kids don't have a chance ;)

What part of Valpo do you guys live in?  We play most of our games there.  As a matter of a fact Thursday we play out behind the railroad tracks that run behind that cemetary right south of Kelsies

I live on 250 West, it's just a county road in the middle of nowhere. It is between Rt. 30 and Rt. 130. There is a Subway and a Crazy D's gas station close by.

So is that field by Wal-Mart and the University? If so, I have some friends that live in the subdivison behind there and am familiar with that area. I would image that you sometimes play at Old Fairgrounds park?

I live on 250 West, it's just a county road in the middle of nowhere. It is between Rt. 30 and Rt. 130. There is a Subway and a Crazy D's gas station close by.

So is that field by Wal-Mart and the University? If so, I have some friends that live in the subdivison behind there and am familiar with that area. I would image that you sometimes play at Old Fairgrounds park?

Actually we always play on church fields except for the tourney in August which we play at the fairgrounds.

The field is just south of the Uni, and West of WMT.

Actually we always play on church fields except for the tourney in August which we play at the fairgrounds.

The field is just south of the Uni, and West of WMT.

Oh that's cool. None of my churches have fields so I assumed that you played at fairgrounds. I wish our church had a softball league for kids my age, but they only have a league for adults.

Oh that's cool. None of my churches have fields so I assumed that you played at fairgrounds. I wish our church had a softball league for kids my age, but they only have a league for adults.

Which church? It might be the same league. They told us it was 15 and up. They might do it differently where you are though.

Which church?  It might be the same league.  They told us it was 15 and up.  They might do it differently where you are though.

St. Teresa of Avila. It is the university's catholic church. I wouldn't have had time to do it though because I'm already in two baseball leagues and have to work 5 days a week all summer.

St. Teresa of Avila. It is the university's catholic church. I wouldn't have had time to do it though because I'm already in two baseball leagues and have to work 5 days a week all summer.

You want to hear something funny? THAT is who we play Thursday :lol: What a coincidence :bang

You want to hear something funny?  THAT is who we play Thursday :lol: What a coincidence :bang

Whoa! :lolhitting I urged my dad to be in the league, but he said he has too much work and yeardwork, he is obsessed with his gardens and lawn. Too bad he didn't do it. That would have been cool for you two to battle it out. Maybe I will try to come watch it. I don't think I have anything going on yet.

Whoa!  :lolhitting  I urged my dad to be in the league, but he said he has too much work and yeardwork, he is obsessed with his gardens and lawn. Too bad he didn't do it. That would have been cool for you two to battle it out. Maybe I will try to come watch it. I don't think I have anything going on yet.

PM me if you want more accurate directions. That is hilarious. Small world, huh.

PM me if you want more accurate directions.  That is hilarious.  Small world, huh.

Yeah, that is really weird. Our priest is really cool and I think he is on the team. He is actually a huge Sox fan as well. :lol: I can probably just get directions from him. I will PM you later to let you know if I'm going.

BTW- What time is the game? Because he does a 7:00 mass on Thursdays.

Yeah, that is really weird. Our priest is really cool and I think he is on the team. He is actually a huge Sox fan as well.  :lol: I can probably just get directions from him. I will PM you later to let you know if I'm going.

BTW- What time is the game? Because he does a 7:00 mass on Thursdays.

Games start at about 6:15 or a little later. Usually run an hour to an hour and a half.

Brad Miller, of the Sacramento Kings, was at my baseball game today. We played East Noble (his alum), and he was in the crowd. We weren't sure it was him, but someone in the crowd told us after the game it was him. We shouted over to him, and he looked at us and actually came over. It was pretty cool, though he's a Purdue grad.... :rolleyes: :lol: