Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Sports Guy Question...

Q: I came up with a fullproof idea for disproving that the WNBA is a real sport. You choose a person from a city that has a WNBA team and ask them the following question, "Would you rather your WNBA team win the championship or be walking along and find a $5 bill on the ground." So far I haven't found anyone that will choose the championship. What do you think?

-- Josh, Kansas City, MO

SG: I think you're a genius.

(By the way, how 'bout poor Chicago getting stuck with a WNBA team last week? These floating WNBA teams are like the worst possible present at a Yankee Swap ... they keep getting passed around the room and nobody wants to end up with them. It's like ending up with a $25 gift certificate to Chess King. Um, gee, thanks ...)

Dog show beats NHL Stanley Cup Finals

The NHL officially has gone to the dogs, at least in the television ratings. The USA network's coverage this week of the Westminster Kennel Club show outdrew the rating the Stanley Cup Finals generated last spring.

The two nights of dog-show coverage were seen in an average of 2.91 percent of the nation's homes with a TV, according to Nielsen Media Research. In comparison, the Stanley Cup Finals (two games on ESPN, five on ABC) generated a 2.2 rating.

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
f***en Chris Anderson will never be invited back to the Slam Dunk Contest. He has now ruined the Dunk Contest for white people everywhere. You will never see another white guy there ever again because of this piece of s***.

Henry bekkering could.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 26, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
Tiger and Vijay go down in today's 2nd round of the Accenture Match Play.  Vijay to Jay Haas, and Tiger went down to Nick O'Hern.

Nick O'Hern, go the lefties. :headbang

Now all I need is for Adam Scott to win the tournament (if he's playing) and I'm happy. :)