Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
http://www.indystar.com/articles/6/226924-1166-094.html

Greg Oden, who is probably expected to be the first pick in the '06 NBA draft, had 18 blocks in a sectional game tonight.... :lol:

:lol: My friend told me about that. 18 blocks is amazing. He only had 12 points though? That isn't overly impressive. It would be cool if Valpo could make it to state against Lawerence North. Watch out for my buddies

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 5, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
Over-rated :ph34r:

I agree. You should get out to the HS and watch the regionals next weekend. It's going to be us, SB Clay, Concord, and the winner of the West Side-Munster game Monday night. I'm really stoked about our team, it's cool when my friends are leading the team to the sectional championship as sophmores.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 5, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
I agree. You should get out to the HS and watch the regionals next weekend. It's going to be us, SB Clay, Concord, and the winner of the West Side-Munster game Monday night. I'm really stoked about our team, it's cool when my friends are leading the team to the sectional championship as sophmores.

Are regionals at City?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
Allen Iverson had 12 turnovers tonight in a 104-85 loss to Golden State in Philadelphia.

Way to go, A.I. :bang

Wow, what a loser.

He is still damn good.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 05:38 AM)
He is still damn good.

He's damn good because he can school pretty much anyone one-on-one, and he can certainly bail himself out with some nice passing when he's down near the rim, and he hustles his ass off & is a defensive force in the passing lanes.

However, he has committed 5 or more turnovers in 26 games this year. He has 12 games with 7 or more turnovers. A typical shooting night would be 10 for 24, many of which are wild, ill-advised low percentage shots. When he has the ball in his hands, the rest of his team kinda goes to sleep. He brings too much off-the-court baggage with him.

In the end, the positives outweigh the negatives. But I wouldn't want him on my team.

Somebody's making a Rookie of the Year push;

Dwight Howard

Last 6 Games

20 points 16 rebounds.

20 points 15 rebounds.

11 points 11 rebounds.

3 points 4 rebounds.

17 points 20 rebounds.

19 points 20 rebounds.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
Somebody's making a Rookie of the Year push;

Dwight Howard

Last 6 Games

20 points 16 rebounds.

20 points 15 rebounds.

11 points 11 rebounds.

3 points 4 rebounds.

17 points 20 rebounds.

19 points 20 rebounds.

:headbang

He's also averaging 2.5 blocks per game over that stretch.

And you think Bill Wirtz is bad;

Coles told the The Washington Post that Snyder called him up two weeks ago after a proposed trade for Jets wide receiver Santana Moss fell through because Coles was demanding a contract extension.

At the time, it appeared Coles might have to play next season in Washington.

"He said, 'If you come back here, you'll never play again,'" Coles told the Post, adding that Snyder promised to send him a flat-screen TV on which he could watch games. " 'We'll bench you for two years, then we'll cut you.' . . . Once he was threatening me, I said to myself, 'Man, I know I have to leave.' I knew I couldn't come back because of the way they handled it."

Snyder did not return calls from the Post seeking comment.