Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's favorite Shavlik Randolph is now rumored to be leaving Duke. He's gonna put his name into the draft knowing he will be playing overseas. He still doesn't care as he has hated being at Duke for 3 years now. Somehow he missed the memo that coach K cusses like a sailor.

Very appropiate for Friday the 13th....

Tiger misses his first cut after making 142 straight tourney cuts. This streak dates back to 1998. He's only missed 3 cuts in his career.

This weekend's tourney is the Byron Nelson, Nelson is who's record of 113 was broken by Tiger.

To show how Cal Ripken-esque this streak was, the longest active streak now belongs to Ernie Els at 20 tournaments.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 14, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
Will Ferrell's favorite team - "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Orange County California of the Western Region of the United States of North America."

Will ferrell is a moron.

Anyway, espn deportes has hawt f***ing women on it. Why can't regular espn?

Okay, so I had a tuna sandwich yesterday for lunch.  Why the f*** is Bill Parcells' nickname "Tuna?"

Bill Parcells "The Tuna"

http://www.chickenortuna.com/snacks.php?page_code=106

Lots of people have asked why Bill Parcells has the nickname "The Tuna." Does he really like tuna sandwiches or something? Some years back, he gave the explanation below. (You may know football, but do you know tuna? Take our quiz.)

[Coach Parcells discusses how he got the nickname ''Tuna'' at a 1997 press conference.]

Bill Parcells: I think it goes back to my first time with the Patriots. There was an old commercial from StarKist with Charlie the StarKist tuna. So my players were trying to con me on something one time, and I said, 'You must think I'm Charlie the Tuna,' you know, a sucker, and that's kind of how it started. We started with it that year and [Charlie and the other fish] used to wear those little tuna helmets, you know, tuna pictures on their helmets. That's where it all started.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Andrew Bogut says that unlike Luc Longley, he's an Aussie who can really play.

Bogut alluded to Longley's being "a stiff" who owed all of his NBA successes to the accident of being Michael Jordan's teammate.

Hey Bogut, f*** you. What the f*** have you proven?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Hey Bogut, f*** you.  What the f*** have you proven?

Wow he's calling a player with 3 Championships under his belt and he hasn't even played a damn game yet. :headshake

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Longley was a stiff.

No doubt.

But he was serviceable. Bogut isn't exactly a speedster, and although I'm not counting on it, he wouldn't be the first number one to be a stiff or bust.

He's already being projected by some to be solid, but not an All-Star.