Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
Those are really nice jerseys.  I think they do a great job of updating the old ones without throwing out the mold.  Any alternatives shown?

That's all I've seen so far. I get email updates from the Pacers, and that's probably all they ended up making for now. We had a yellow alternate with the previous jersey, so if we do have an alternate, it'd probably be that format with it mainly being yellow.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
That's all I've seen so far.  I get email updates from the Pacers, and that's probably all they ended up making for now.  We had a yellow alternate with the previous jersey, so if we do have an alternate, it'd probably be that format with it mainly being yellow.

They should incorporate the pinstripes on at least one of the alternates, IMO.

Mexico wins the U-17 Soccer World Championship by beating Brazil 3-0.

If anyone was watching, it certainly was some great soccer. It's amazing to see such young players playing at such a high level.

It was Mexico's first world championship at any level, and they had a great tournament. The beat Holland 4-0 in the semis and then beat Brazil, the winner of the last three championships, with another dominating performance.

PHOENIX -- Amare Stoudemire, who jumped from high school to stardom in the NBA, signed a five-year contract extension Monday with the Phoenix Suns worth about $73 million.

The extension kicks in after this season and has an opt-out clause after the 2009-10 season.

He signed the contract a month shy of his 23rd birthday as the Suns gathered for media day preceding the start of their training camp in Tucson on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-10, 245-pound power forward played out of position at center and dominated opponents last season for the high-scoring Suns.

Known for his breathtaking slam dunks and uncanny quickness, Stoudemire averaged 26 points per game, fifth-best in the league, as a key member of a Phoenix team that won an NBA-best 62 games.

"It's huge for the franchise," said teammate and last season's MVP Steve Nash. "He's the cornerstone of this franchise."

Stoudemire, the No. 9 pick in the 2002 draft, won the rookie of the year award over Yao Ming in 2002-03 and has improved each season. He averaged just under 30 points a game in last year's playoffs -- 37 against Tim Duncan in the Western Conference finals.

The signing follows a lucrative deal with Nike last month.

"I've just been working on my game the whole summer to try to take us to the top," Stoudemire said. "This has been a $100 million summer for me, so I'm very proud of that. I'm just looking forward to bringing the championship home right here in Phoenix."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2180248

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
The all-time leading scorer in Indiana HS basketball history, IU alum, and short stinter in the NBA, Damon Bailey accepted an offer to coach his old HS team Bedford North Lawrence.

I read that this morning. Pretty cool stuff.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 06:59 AM)
YAY. Australia's going to World Cup next year in 2006. We just beau Uruguay on penalties to qualify for the 1st time in 32 years. Hopefully we draw the same group as America, so we can have an easy win.  :D  :aussie:

I was just noticing your avatar. Congrats.

I'll be rooting for Mexico's early successes and eventual loss...hopefully not another loss to USA, who undoubtedly has their number. :)

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
I was just noticing your avatar.  Congrats.

I'll be rooting for Mexico's early successes and eventual loss...hopefully not another loss to USA, who undoubtedly has their number.    :)

I can't wait for the World Cup. It begins in January right?

Interesting note on ESPN Insider. One of their NBA experts (not sure who, don't really care) seems to think that we might trade Luol Deng for some size during the season. While this originally upset me, he then noted that he seems to think we're getting Peja in FA. Now I don't know what to think.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
Interesting note on ESPN Insider. One of their NBA experts (not sure who, don't really care) seems to think that we might trade Luol Deng for some size during the season. While this originally upset me, he then noted that he seems to think we're getting Peja in FA. Now I don't know what to think.

Yeah, that Stojakovic rumor won't go away since he made comments about playing in Chicago.

Not that Stojakovic isn't a good player, but we don't need a small forward - Luol Deng is going to be, and already is, a fine NBA player who I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to a an all-star game or two down the road.

The Bulls, IMO, should have gone after Jamal Magloire when he was available.

Looking at the free agent market, we have lots of money to spend, but nobody to spend it on. Nazr Mohammed should not be given big money (someone will though, I"m sure), and Al Harrington is an undersized power forward - I don't want him at big money either.

Our biggest chip has to be Tim Thomas, who makes $14 million - if we can find a team willing to trade an all-star PF/C for cap flexbility and a #1 draft pick, that may be the route to go.

That's why I believe if Minnesota/Kevin Garnett need a shakeup, the Bulls COULD be a player. We can give Thomas' $14 million, the Knicks 1st rounder (should be a top 10 pick), our own (probably #15-20 overall) and see where that gets us - I'm guessing Minnesota would also want a Deng or Gordon back as well.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Why Dwight Howard is going to be a monster - 21 points and 17 rebounds midway thru the 4th quarter.  :D

Zo follows up a 21 board game with a 9 swat game. :o

I didn't think he still had it in him. I guess Shaq can take his time coming back and play reduced minutes, assuming Zo can hold up.

Zo could win the D POY if him and camby could hold up for a full season at that pace.

• 2 weeks later...