Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlanta Falcons hire Jim Mora Jr. the DC of the 49ers. This means the Bears are now favourites to get Nick Saban.

Not unless they want to fork over 4-5 mill per season. And I don't see that happening.

Just read where MSU's big recruit PG Brandon Cotton has left the program and is looking to transfer elsewhere. He missed the first 6 weeks of the season and only got to play 16 minutes over 3 games and was pissed because he didn't want to have to "earn" playing time.

Just read where MSU's big recruit PG Brandon Cotton has left the program and is looking to transfer elsewhere.  He missed the first 6 weeks of the season and only got to play 16 minutes over 3 games and was pissed because he didn't want to have to "earn" playing time.

That definitely hurts......Speaking of recruits...Is there any word on IU's recruit Josh Smith? Is he still planning on going to Bloomington (Oh please, oh please, oh pretty please), or is he leaning NBA now?

That definitely hurts......Speaking of recruits...Is there any word on IU's recruit Josh Smith?  Is he still planning on going to Bloomington (Oh please, oh please, oh pretty please), or is he leaning NBA now?

No word yet. You won't start to hear that stuff until after the post season of the NCAA's.

Looks like Blache may still be around next year as Bears DC.... from Benmaller.com

If Ted Cottrell rejects the Vikings, Tice will try to interview Chicago's Greg Blache. The Bears turned down the Vikings' request for permission to talk to Blache pending naming of a new head coach. The Bears said Blache might be available for an interview Monday.

Also this:

LSU coach Nick Saban told the the Times-Picayune in New Orleans he will take the weekend to "weigh some options" regarding the Bears job but that he has not met with Angelo. "Jerry Angelo and I are very good friends [and] he visits me in Baton Rouge on occasion," Saban said. "I'm very pleased and happy to be at LSU, and I know they are working hard to try and make things comfortable there for us."

If Nick Saban chooses LSU after hearing the Bears' offer, they likely would turn their attention to Patriots defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel or Rams defensive coordinator Lovie Smith, both of whom interviewed last week.

I think "weigh some options" means convince his wife... He's been moveing around every 4 years for the bast 15 - 20 years... she thinks he has a great situation... Not that he doesn't, but he's won an NCAA championship, he wants to win a Super Bowl. Give him time he'll convince her.

Looks like Blache may still be around next year as Bears DC.... from Benmaller.com

Also this:

I think "weigh some options" means convince his wife... He's been moveing around every 4 years for the bast 15 - 20 years... she thinks he has a great situation... Not that he doesn't, but he's won an NCAA championship, he wants to win a Super Bowl.  Give him time he'll convince her.

If they don't get Saban, Lovie Smith should be the next coach of the Chicago Bears. He's very tight with Jerry Angelo and I'm suprised that he didn't get the Atlanta job, but Jim Mora Jr. must hav really wowed Atlanta's braintrust ova there.

That definitely hurts......Speaking of recruits...Is there any word on IU's recruit Josh Smith?  Is he still planning on going to Bloomington (Oh please, oh please, oh pretty please), or is he leaning NBA now?

On nbadraft.net, Josh Smith is currently 3rd on the mock draft behind Dwight Howard and Pavel Podzolkine. Take that for what u will. ;)

That ought to be interesting.  They love Babchuk and Seabrook as being future #1 line Dmen.  And they need all of the help that they can get!

Babchuk's got a rocket of a shot, mite actually be sum use on the power play. :lol:

If they don't get Saban, Lovie Smith should be the next coach of the Chicago Bears. He's very tight with Jerry Angelo and I'm suprised that he didn't get the Atlanta job, but Jim Mora Jr. must hav really wowed Atlanta's braintrust ova there.

What has Lovie smith done to deserve a head coaching job... I'm not trying to attack anyone, but THE RAMS DEFENSE???. Have you seen it, it was terrible last year, serviceable this year. I don't see why he is such a hot commoditie.. But maybe I'm missing something.

What has Lovie smith done to deserve a head coaching job... I'm not trying to attack anyone, but THE RAMS DEFENSE???.  Have you seen it, it was terrible last year, serviceable this year.  I don't see why he is such a hot commoditie.. But maybe I'm missing something.

It is WAYYY better than what it was before he got there.