Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
Huh?

ESPN internal memo:

I sent a note similar to this a couple of months ago.....and the timing was wrong. This time it is a GO for real.....and is effective on February 12th.

We will be losing all on-air visual references to ESPN2 (except for the logo on the bottom line). We will rebrand the network as ESPN.

This includes all mic flags, banners, insert graphics, studio graphics, wipes and animations. Everything will be branded ESPN (not ESPN 2, ESPNHD...) This is part of the 48 hours of ESPN branding initiative. Please identify and deal with issues arising from this initiative.

Please pass this message along to anyone in your groups who need to know. Send us your questions and issues.

Is there enough interest for a college baseball thread?

The Noles won their series against the 11th ranked Tennessee Vols and we're going for the sweep tomorrow (first day I get to work :D ).

Also, Miami lost their opening series to Mercer.

We swept Tenn. with a run total of 30-9. So much for the Vols being ranked 11th in the country.

FSU has moved up to 10 in the CB Poll.

Also, B Hen got POW

RHP Bryan Henry, Florida St.: Henry struck out 11 batters in six innings of work as the Seminoles beat Tennessee, 9-2 in the season opener. The 11 strikeouts were one shy of his career high set last year against Duke. Henry fanned eight of the first 10 batters he faced.

Cal State Fullerton is up to 9 in the poll.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 12:54 AM)
No high school basketball thread either?

My old high school De La Salle was briefly ranked in the sun-times and has already captured the Catholic League South title...

If I am allowed to do so, I started checking out windycityhshoops.com

Relatively new site trying to start up that has a nice little message board. Hope it grows.

CYCLONE WRESTLING IS BACK

The #3 Clones slapped around the #2 Mizzou Tigers last night, 27-12, without one of our starters. We've lost twice to #1 Minnesota this year, but we're so much further ahead than where anyone thought we'd be. We've got a legit shot to win a national championship in something for the first time in like 10 years.

Oh, Jas, Iowa is ranked tenth.