Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody catch this Wednesday? It was pretty good, i'm looking forward to watching this entire series.

http://www.mojohd.com/mojoseries/theshow/

Every kid dreams of playing in the big leagues. For these young men a shot at the bigs is just a call-up away. Follow 6 top prospects in the Arizona Diamondbacks farm system on a candid journey through a roller coaster season of streaks and slumps as they put it all on the line for their chance to make the big club. For these promising players the dream is not about a huge contract, signing bonus or endorsement deal; the dream is making it to "the show."
Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 12:22 AM)
Anybody catch this Wednesday? It was pretty good, i'm looking forward to watching this entire series.

http://www.mojohd.com/mojoseries/theshow/

Watched this last night and it is great, but it makes me want to die inside. Chris Young :wub: :crying

He talks about how he though he was gonna be with the White Sox for a long time. :crying

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
Not official yet but there's a good possibility that we're going to get a College Gameday in Carbondale this upcoming college basketball season. That'd be f***in awesome.

I'd s*** myself. :pray Please let this happen!

Michael Wilbon calls out Skip Bayless, and I love it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7060701684.html

Charleston, S.C.: Were the recent comments by Butch Harmon good for Phil, good for Tiger, or good for Butch? I opt for the latter.

Michael Wilbon: I don’t see insulting Tiger as being the way you want to go about boosting Phil. Now you can see why Tiger parted company with Butch Harmon. Butch is out for Butch…which is just fine. He’s great at what he does. But sort of throwing down the gauntlet and challenging Tiger…How’s that worked out so far for people who’ve tried it? Phil isn’t a chest-thumping, I’m-here-to-kick-your-butt kind of guy. Skip Bayless suggests nonsense like this on ESPN all the time…It’s about the dumbest thing imaginable. Phil needs to just go about getting back to where he was before the meltdown a year ago at the U.S. Open…I think Harmon can help get him there, but quietly. Let sleeping Tigers sleep…if they ever do.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Not official yet but there's a good possibility that we're going to get a College Gameday in Carbondale this upcoming college basketball season. That'd be f***in awesome.

Been there, done that. :)

Didn't know where to put this, but Dominic James is coming back to Marquette. Crean's offense doesn't exactly fit the style of players he has, but man -- James better come next year with a chip on his shoulder after the poor showing at the camps (and for a better portion of last season). I really wish he'd become more of a playmaker rather than trying to be the primary scorer, but again -- Crean's offense is teh garb.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
Been there, done that. :)

Didn't know where to put this, but Dominic James is coming back to Marquette. Crean's offense doesn't exactly fit the style of players he has, but man -- James better come next year with a chip on his shoulder after the poor showing at the camps (and for a better portion of last season). I really wish he'd become more of a playmaker rather than trying to be the primary scorer, but again -- Crean's offense is teh garb.

You have a potentially special year coming your way next season, my friend.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)

When do we get our Salukis-Cyclones matchup

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
You have a potentially special year coming your way next season, my friend.

I'm not buying it yet. Crean's won zero tourney games without Wade. I've only really followed MU basketball with a close eye for one year, but I wasn't particularly fond of Crean's in-game coaching skills. I'm not sure how much of the Marquette/Mich St game you saw last year -- obviously you had your own team to worry about -- but that was one of the most embarrassing offensive performances I've ever seen. I understand McNeal was out, but there was no creativity on Crean's part.

That being said... my fingers are firmly crossed about next season. I still think Georgetown and Louisville are the best teams in the BE, but we're close.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
I'm not buying it yet. Crean's won zero tourney games without Wade. I've only really followed MU basketball with a close eye for one year, but I wasn't particularly fond of Crean's in-game coaching skills. I'm not sure how much of the Marquette/Mich St game you saw last year -- obviously you had your own team to worry about -- but that was one of the most embarrassing offensive performances I've ever seen. I understand McNeal was out, but there was no creativity on Crean's part.

That being said... my fingers are firmly crossed about next season. I still think Georgetown and Louisville are the best teams in the BE, but we're close.

To be completely honest, I really don't remember your guys tourny game that much. As for next season, Louisville is definitely the team to beat in the Big East but if Green stays in the draft, I'd say you guys are the 2nd.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
You tell me.

We are not to lose to an MVC school, ever. We may do it, but we're not supposed to, even if they're Southern Illinois. :P

We play 3 this year, and if we lose one, I'll be disappointed.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
We are not to lose to an MVC school, ever. We may do it, but we're not supposed to, even if they're Southern Illinois. :P

We play 3 this year, and if we lose one, I'll be disappointed.

Very funny. Maybe your goal this year should be to beat one of the Valley teams, not all of 'em?

Butler has 3 or 4 on their schedule this year as well.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:51 PM)
Very funny. Maybe your goal this year should be to beat one of the Valley teams, not all of 'em?

Butler has 3 or 4 on their schedule this year as well.

I'm dead serious. :) We are simply not to lose to a MVC school, that's the simple standard I've set for us. :P

But I'm going to bed, towel.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
I'm dead serious. :) We are simply not to lose to a MVC school, that's the simple standard I've set for us. :P

But I'm going to bed, towel.

You're standards are too high. 10 win seasons should be the standard at this point. :P

You guys should be able to win at least 1 game against the Valley this year but we'd still beat the tar out of you if we ever faced you guys. :)