Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

f***ing awesome ending to a f***ing awesome game.  Milan Hejduk scores on a penalty shot in OT against Khabiblulin to win a game for Colorado against the TB Lightning.  I don't know that I have ever seen a game end like that.

I just read that was the 3rd game ever to end in that manner. :o

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacers snap the Pistons' 13 game winning streak...w/ the solid 89-61 win in a battle of the Eastern Conference powerhouses......Pacers improve to 33-11.....

Pistons only had 9 points in da 1st quarter, and O' Neal had more boadrs than the Pistons whole team in da 1st as well. :lol:

I downloaded ESPN Motion a little back, and just watched the one about the Bruins and Rangers, and those two teams f***ed each other up. Pretty cool.

There was even more tonight, Bruins kicked their ass all over the ice :headbang . The fight with Barnaby and Boynton was funny because Barnaby kept telling the refs to back off even though he was getting his ass kicked.

Pacers snap the Pistons' 13 game winning streak...w/ the solid 89-61 win in a battle of the Eastern Conference powerhouses......Pacers improve to 33-11.....

:D Eastern Conference powerhouses? .... Isn't that a contradiction in terms? :D

There was even more tonight, Bruins kicked their ass all over the ice :headbang .  The fight with Barnaby and Boynton was funny because Barnaby kept telling the refs to back off even though he was getting his ass kicked.

It was beautiful to see some old time hockey, somewhere other than the minors.

I didn't feel like starting a thread about this guy...but Jesse Orosco calls it quits after 25 years.......

Jesse Orosco Retires After 25 Years

By RONALD BLUM

.c The Associated Press

Jesse Orosco had enough. After a record-setting career, the 46-year-old left-hander told the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday that he had decided to retire after 24 major league seasons.

``To take it a quarter-century - I never imagined that,'' Orosco said during a telephone interview with The Associated Press. ``It's a sad day that I have to call it quits. But it's a great day, too, for the fact I fulfilled my dream.''

Orosco, who turns 47 on April 21, was the oldest player in the major leagues last season. He began his career with the New York Mets in 1979 - some current major leaguers weren't even born yet - and set big league records with 1,252 games pitched and 1,248 relief appearances.

He went 87-80 with 144 saves and a career ERA of 3.16 with nine teams. His greatest moment was when he struck out Boston's Marty Barrett to end Game 7 of the 1986 World Series. Orosco threw his glove into the air - the picture still hangs in Shea Stadium - starting the celebration of the Mets' first title since 1969.

``We didn't have anything going on in the early '80s, took our licks the first few years,'' Orosco said. ``That was great, that was very memorable, to go from the worst to the best.''

He went 2-2 with two saves and a 7.68 ERA in 65 games last season with San Diego, the New York Yankees and Minnesota.

Orosco agreed in November to a minor league contract with Arizona that called for an $800,000 salary if he was added to the 40-man roster. The decision to retire came upon him gradually over the past few weeks.

``I just started to try to get prepared and didn't have what I've had throughout my career, that excitement in me to get going,'' he said. ``I just knew it wasn't going to happen. I tried to get myself in the gym, start throwing, and didn't find myself putting any time into it.

``I had a long talk with my wife. I told her, `I just don't think I have it in me to get prepared this year. I'd be wasting my time and their time.''

Orosco wants to be remembered both for the length of his career and his consistency. While others talked about him pitching into his 50s, he didn't think he'd make it that long.

``I hold the record for most games pitched, and I take pride in that,'' he said. ``My job was to be out there every day for my manager and my team.''

Orosco is looking forward to being at home this summer, spending time with his family.

``I haven't had a summer in 25 years. I think it's that time,'' he said. ``I have a boy in high school, two girls that are playing sports.''

Arizona had been looking forward to having him in camp.

``It's a shame that our young pitchers will not have the opportunity to learn from a true baseball professional,'' general manager Joe Garagiola Jr. said.

January 22

(9:00 AM): Iowa DB dinged; OSU DB added to North squad...Updating our earlier report, Iowa SS Bob Sanders reportedly was not at the North practice at the Senior Bowl in Mobile because of a foot problem. Sanders in fact won't play the rest of the week and will be replaced in the depleted North secondary by Ohio State FS Will Allen

Jason, I thought you might find this one interesting... Sanders is going to be a great late round pick for somebody... My guess is the patriots...

Sanders was dinged up for a lot of the year, though he looked good in Orlando, he wasn't himself during the late season.

Jason, I thought you might find this one interesting... Sanders is going to be a great late round pick for somebody... My guess is the patriots...

Sanders was dinged up for a lot of the year, though he looked good in Orlando, he wasn't himself during the late season.

Mayb a guy da Cowboys should look at, this will prob be Darren Woodson's last season in the NFL.

hmmm the last time they were in the cup, who got them there?  Oh yeah, Mike Ritcher... :bang

Trade for a CuJo or Khabibulin if you want to do something to help.

Or at least a Kolzig, who is rumored to be available.

Or at least a Kolzig, who is rumored to be available.

Ollie is way down this year statistically, is the D that bad in front of him, or has he taken that big of a step back? Really Dunham's #'s are just as good if not better than Kolzig. But I haven't gotten to see Washington play at all this year, so I have no idea.

Ollie is way down this year statistically, is the D that bad in front of him, or has he taken that big of a step back?  Really Dunham's #'s are just as good if not better than Kolzig.  But I haven't gotten to see Washington play at all this year, so I have no idea.

Well they are both playing behind weak defenses, except for Leetch and Gonchar. I dunno, I'd trust Kolzig more, he's taken a team to the finals. Plus Dunham just got a concussion the other day, who knows how that will affect him.

Ollie is way down this year statistically, is the D that bad in front of him, or has he taken that big of a step back?  Really Dunham's #'s are just as good if not better than Kolzig.  But I haven't gotten to see Washington play at all this year, so I have no idea.

Washington is not that good, and they are getting ready to unload a lot more. Gonchar is said to be one of those. Their defense is bad anyway and you take him out of the equation, they're REALLY bad.

Watched them play against Florida the other night and I wouldn't pick up Kolzig, not by his doing but that team looks really bad right now.

Washington is not that good, and they are getting ready to unload a lot more.  Gonchar is said to be one of those.  Their defense is bad anyway and you take him out of the equation, they're REALLY bad.

Watched them play against Florida the other night and I wouldn't pick up Kolzig, not by his doing but that team looks really bad right now.

So does anyone think he would be a 90%/ 2.5 GAA guy in front of a decent defense?