Dan Wright

greg775

14-12 doesn't sound so bad on paper, does it?

Had Ritchie gone 14-12 would we have thought he did what we wanted him to do, give us innings?

I am hoping Wright and Garland can be consistently good next year like Mark B, but that may be wishful thinking.

I think Moyer is the answer to all our problems.

Originally posted by greg775

14-12 doesn't sound so bad on paper, does it?

Had Ritchie gone 14-12 would we have thought he did what we wanted him to do, give us innings?

I am hoping Wright and Garland can be consistently good next year like Mark B, but that may be wishful thinking.

I think Moyer is the answer to all our problems.

In the Fantansy Spin on TSN this is what it said about Danny:

The 5.18 ERA isn't something to be thrilled about, but 196.1 innings and 14 wins are solid for Wright's first full season in the majors. If Wright can lower his ERA and the White Sox continue their strong finish into next season, 20 wins in '03 is a possibility

Hmmm 20 wins? That would be f***ing awesome.

Moyer is asking for a lot of money and therefor isn't the answer. He is a good pitcher though, and if he didn't want a long term deal and was willing to take somethign like 2 yrs 12 mill at the max, then I'd be happy with him.

As far as Wright goes, he put up some pretty damn good numbers for a full rookie season. No, he wasn't the best rookie ever but he got better as the season went on, threw a ton of innings and learned a lot.

Originally posted by LDF

moyer is not the answer to anything. we need a front line pit. 

would anyone consider woody williams, and robert person a front line pit. 

AMEN Brother! I personally wouldn't consider either of them. Would I like to see them with the Sox? Yes. But I'm getting greedy this year on JR like never before. I want a Maddux, Glavine, or Clemens type who can come in here and, barring injury, kick ass with MB next season.

Moyer works, but if we are going to make a push at a lefty, why not try to pick up Pettite. Rumor is the Yanks won't have him back next year or at least are conidering it.

I like Moyer more, but I think price will be a big motivator in everything.

Still, I'm going to be greedy like Cubkilla come on Maddux or heck, even better Glavine.