Royce Ring

CubsSuck1

When Royce is ready, my friend, Billy Koch won't be able to compete.  Royce will enter the majors as a setup man, and send Koch packing when he's ready to take over. :headbang

Your expectations of RR aren't too high. LOL!

From what I've heard, he's the real deal when it comes to closing games. I questioned KW acquiring Koch for three years..... I don't think it is going to take RR 3 years to dominate in the minors considering he is being groomed as a closer. If Koch does as advertised, RR will have no choice but to be set-up man for awhile. Then, what do we do with Marte? :huh:

When Royce is ready, my friend, Billy Koch won't be able to compete.  Royce will enter the majors as a setup man, and send Koch packing when he's ready to take over. :headbang

From what I've heard, he's the real deal when it comes to closing games. I questioned KW acquiring Koch for three years..... I don't think it is going to take RR 3 years to dominate in the minors considering he is being groomed as a closer. If Koch does as advertised, RR will have no choice but to be set-up man for awhile. Then, what do we do with Marte? :huh:

thats why i dont think we will sign koch long term...i belive if this season is a flop(knock on wood) koch will be the first one to go at the trade deadline..if we suck it up this year no way we go to arbitration with koch...by next year he could be looking at 8 mil in arbitration

When Royce is ready, my friend, Billy Koch won't be able to compete.  Royce will enter the majors as a setup man, and send Koch packing when he's ready to take over. :headbang

thats why i dont think we will sign koch long term...i belive if this season is a flop(knock on wood) koch will be the first one to go at the trade deadline..if we suck it up this year no way we go to arbitration with koch...by next year he could be looking at 8 mil in arbitration

well i guess i am the minority here b/c i am not too sold on ring being the pitcher everybody raves about.

well i guess i am the minority here b/c i am not too sold on ring being the pitcher everybody raves about.

im not either...but KW is and thats all it wil ltake to run billy koch out of townm at the first sign of trouble...its how KW has operated the past 2 years...at the trade deadline...dump dump dump away

I don't get too much into the "if this player comes along and develops, what do we do with that player..." Injuries often say why we need as many players at a position as we can gather --

I feel there are no guarentees that Ring will be as dominating as he is expected to be, I sure hope he is. But highly touted players dont always work out and maggio, LDF, your hesitation is wise just in case Ring isn't the Messiah.

I do have high hopes for Royce Ring so I can be there the day that baseball excitment overcomes baggio and he yells out, "Let's Go Royce!" Can't wait for that!!!!! :D

What happens if Ring is great and Marte continues to dominate? That is a simple question....we get a good prospect for Kelly Wunsch...try to get a deal similar to the Mike Myers for Jack Cust deal. Convert Munoz into a starter....we could have a pitching staff similar to this in the next few years(like 2005)...

Rauch, Buehrle, Garland, Honel, Munoz

Koch, Almonte, Diaz, Ring, Marte, Glover

I'm not sure what to think about that :mellow:

What happens if Ring is great and Marte continues to dominate?  That is a simple question....we get a good prospect for Kelly Wunsch...try to get a deal similar to the Mike Myers for Jack Cust deal.  Convert Munoz into a starter....we could have a pitching staff similar to this in the next few years(like 2005)...

I'm not sure what to think about that  :mellow:

by 2005 alot of those guys will be traded away and other prospects will have replaced them...how many prospects from '00 are still in the system???

What happens if Ring is great and Marte continues to dominate?  That is a simple question....we get a good prospect for Kelly Wunsch...try to get a deal similar to the Mike Myers for Jack Cust deal.  Convert Munoz into a starter....we could have a pitching staff similar to this in the next few years(like 2005)...

I'm not sure what to think about that  :mellow:

by 2005 alot of those guys will be traded away and other prospects will have replaced them...how many prospects from '00 are still in the system???

If I could do a little research on that, I could give you an answer.

Of course, if anyone did a little research on that, anyone could give you an answer! :D

What happens if Ring is great and Marte continues to dominate?  That is a simple question....we get a good prospect for Kelly Wunsch...try to get a deal similar to the Mike Myers for Jack Cust deal.  Convert Munoz into a starter....we could have a pitching staff similar to this in the next few years(like 2005)...

I'm not sure what to think about that  :mellow:

If I could do a little research on that, I could give you an answer.

Of course, if anyone did a little research on that, anyone could give you an answer! :D

it would have to be somebody with a subsription to BA...i dodnt know any other source that archives their minor league stuff that far back

I don't get too much into the "if this player comes along and develops, what do we do with that player..."  Injuries often say why we need as many players at a position as we can gather --

I feel there are no guarentees that Ring will be as dominating as he is expected to be, I sure hope he is.  But highly touted players dont always work out and maggio, LDF, your hesitation is wise just in case Ring isn't the Messiah.

I do have high hopes for Royce Ring so I can be there the day that baseball excitment overcomes baggio and he yells out, "Let's Go Royce!"  Can't wait for that!!!!!  :D

if and i hope when ring makes me look like a idiot by making it, then i will eat my crow. until then closers who were drafted hasn't done too well. that is why i was not sold when he was announce. there were other payers who i thought we should have gotten. that being said, i will reserve my hopes for the best.

What happens if Ring is great and Marte continues to dominate?  That is a simple question....we get a good prospect for Kelly Wunsch...try to get a deal similar to the Mike Myers for Jack Cust deal.  Convert Munoz into a starter....we could have a pitching staff similar to this in the next few years(like 2005)...

I'm not sure what to think about that  :mellow:

one thing that keep poping up about munoz is that he needs to develop arm strength to go beyond 40+ pitch count. however his talent is there and that is why they are saying that he can pitch now in the majors as a middle innings pitcher. remember those pit are important as well. but as a starter, munoz may not be quite ready.

If I remember correctly, Munoz is only 21....he's got plenty of time to stretch out his arm, and with the curve ball that he has, I think that is a very good thing. If we could have our very own Barry Zito for the future, and we resigned Colon, that would be a very dominant 1-2-3 for us in the future. Hell, even if we don't resign Colon, that would be a very dominant 1-2-3 for us in the future.

God....life as a White Sox fan