First it was Clayton, then Ritchie then....

witesoxfan

Look at this from Rosenthal's inside dish....

"Warning to White Sox manager Jerry Manuel: Those familiar with new Sox outfielder Armando Rios portray him as something of a malcontent. Part of that has stemmed from frustration over injuries, but one executive says, "For a guy that's accomplished as little as he has, he can be pretty high-maintenance." . . . "

Also, this on Colon...

"White Sox GM Ken Williams says he isn't worried about Bartolo Colon's weight, and another GM also expresses minimal concern, saying Colon fattens up every winter, then dominates from May to September. One scout who saw Colon in the Dominican, however, issues these words of warning: "He's gotten so big all over, his eyes are ready to shut." . . . "

I'm more concerned about Rios than Colon....atleast if Rios is an asshole, we can just cut him....he will make, at the most, $1 mill, and we can just bring up Holt or even Borchard to take over the corner outfield duties.

He was one of the people to mention that the (White) Sox were interested in Colon/Vazquez before we actually made the move.

Regardless, he was just kind of rearranging words and making it sound like his own...it was the executive that said he was high-maintenance for such a low player.

However, he could put up some decent stats...he is two years removed from tearing his ACL....so maybe he is back to full health and will be able to produce more off the bench. That's all we can hope for. And that he doesn't cause trouble.

He was one of the people to mention that the (White) Sox were interested in Colon/Vazquez before we actually made the move.

Regardless, he was just kind of rearranging words and making it sound like his own...it was the executive that said he was high-maintenance for such a low player.

However, he could put up some decent stats...he is two years removed from tearing his ACL....so maybe he is back to full health and will be able to produce more off the bench.  That's all we can hope for.  And that he doesn't cause trouble.

having to deal with klayton, i am surprise that kw would go and get another character. however, maybe a change of scenery would be good. that being said, if he starts up, i hope he will be cut or sent to the minors.

belle did well here for us. he was rumored to get into trouble but i dont recall him getting into any trouble while he was here infact. i think he liked it here

except for maybe yelling and swearing at some little kids, other than that he was a peach of a guy. btw he was still under an expensive contract that jr sign him.

belle did well here for us. he was rumored to get into trouble but i dont recall him getting into any trouble while he was here infact. i think he liked it here

except for maybe yelling and swearing at some little kids, other than that he was a peach of a guy. btw he was still under an expensive contract that jr sign him.

that was understandable the little kids egged his cars/house or something like that anyone would do the same thing he was just fast enough to catch the teens ;)

that was understandable the little kids egged his cars/house or something like that anyone would do the same thing he was just fast enough to catch the teens ;)

it happen at the gate where the players were leaving the park. the kid and his father wanted an autograph.

That would probably be "obscene" and who could blame him for that?

I miss it when Belle was on the Tribe and he'd come to bat and we'd all chant, "corked bat."

And I always figured that since a JR team got Dennis Rodman and won, that was why he was ok to get Belle.

I have a bunch of Belle Sox shirts for home use (would never wear them in public); the giftshop at Comiskey had them on sale for $5 @ a few years ago and you can't beat that price.

Belle was charged with Domestic Battery when he allegedly hit his g/f at the time..... who lived in Alsip. That happened while he was a member of the White Sox.

I think that Rodman was on the 96-97 team, and then was on the team the next 3 years, until they had a fire sale and sucked and have sucked ever since.  Belle signed in the offseason of 1997....so who knows...both moves were pretty close together.

Rodman was first on the 95-96 team.

Remember that I said Reinsdorf WON with Rodman, that is why he took another chance on another bad character.

eventually - which gives him 5 -

no one in Michigan ever understood Chicago's swoon over Rodman, there were reasons he was known as Worm here, but, there is was - traffic all blocked up on the Kennedy as everyone beat off to Rodman's picture on the Bigsby Karruthers (spelling) building - what was that all about anyhow?