Are you feeling safe re: flying

Texsox

Just a few top stories from today's headlines:

First-class passenger tries to enter cockpit...

Woman arrested after assaulting crew, air marshal, flight headed to Twin Cities...

Man arrested for box cutter on plane...

Flight bound for Detroit makes emergency landing...

Airmarshals halt man who charges towards cockpit on flight from Honolulu-to- Seattle...

I'm flying in 10 days houston to phily... I'm just letting everyone know, that any motherf***er that prevents me from seeing miss sox4life is gonna get ass-raped. Not ass-raped in a lustful homosexual way. But ass-raped in a "You-messed-with-the-wrong-dude-on-the-wrong-flight-in-the-wrong-country, you'll-be-thinking-to-yourself-damn-I-shouldn't-have-done-this,-Allah-ain't-worth-no-throbing-ass" way.

I'm flying in 10 days houston to phily... I'm just letting everyone know, that any motherf***er that prevents me from seeing miss sox4life is gonna get ass-raped. Not ass-raped in a lustful homosexual way. But ass-raped in a "You-messed-with-the-wrong-dude-on-the-wrong-flight-in-the-wrong-country, you'll-be-thinking-to-yourself-damn-I-shouldn't-have-done-this,-Allah-ain't-worth-no-throbing-ass" way.

Jay Mohr. That was an awsome skit :headbang

I loved the next part where Osama asked for volunteers. :)

:nono NO MEANS NO

I'm perfectly okay w/ it....I flew into NY a few days before we became on the High Orange alert.....We came back when the Orange was in full effect; everything seemed pretty safe to me.

Speaking of which, it was kind of crazy. It was my first time in NY. We wanted to see the Statue of Liberty and what not, but a lot of that stuff has closed since 9/11, which is understandable. So we took the Staten Island Ferry across the NY Harbor. It was kind of crazy to see, since we were in the High alert, the coast guard had boats all over the harbor...and you could see them out there w/ their snipers. Scary stuff!

OK so a plane just went down leaving Egypt

Here's the text

Egyptian Charter Jet Crashes Into Red Sea   

23 minutes ago 

By MOHAMED KHALIFA, Associated Press Writer

CAIRO, Egypt - A charter airliner with 135 people aboard — most of them French tourists — crashed into the Red Sea shortly after takeoff early Saturday from the resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, according to airport officials in Cairo. No survivors were immediately found.

The Boeing 737 jet took off shortly before 5 a.m. (10 p.m. EST) and quickly disappeared from radar about seven miles south of the airport, airport officials said, speaking on customary condition of anonymity.

The crash occurred amid a week of heightened concerns about terrorist threats from the air that have led to increased security and canceled flights around the world.

But an initial statement from the Ministry of Civil Aviation called the crash an "accident" and said crews were searching for the wreckage. It gave no ideas on the possible cause.

The officials said 127 passengers and eight crew members were aboard the jet operated by the private Egyptian company Air Flash en route to Cairo, and most were French tourists.

Rescue teams rushed to the scene but found no immediate survivors.

A Guinean-registered Boeing 727, carrying mostly Lebanese passengers, plunged into the Atlantic Ocean off the West African nation of Benin on Dec. 25, killing at least 130 of the 161 people aboard.

Sharm el-Sheik is a popular Red Sea tourist resort that also frequently hosts major political and economic summits. Egypt has held several meetings on peace in the Middle East there, including one in which President Bush (news - web sites) met with regional leaders in June over the "road map" plan toward creating a Palestinian state.

Maybe a little scared -- seriously wondering --- all of those grounded flight were from france -- and now this flight was mostly french tourists

I may just be a conspiracy theorist, but this all seems fishy to me.

I'm perfectly okay w/ it....I flew into NY a few days before we became on the High Orange alert.....We came back when the Orange was in full effect; everything seemed pretty safe to me. 

Speaking of which, it was kind of crazy.  It was my first time in NY.  We wanted to see the Statue of Liberty and what not, but a lot of that stuff has closed since 9/11, which is understandable.  So we took the Staten Island Ferry across the NY Harbor.  It was kind of crazy to see, since we were in the High alert, the coast guard had boats all over the harbor...and you could see them out there w/ their snipers.  Scary stuff!

This seems ironic somehow, but I can't quite put my finger on why. :huh: