Favorite unsung Sox of all time

greg775

Who are your favorite sox of all time that were not stars?

Mine ...

--Chet Lemon.

--Jim Spencer.

--Carlton Fisk (OK he was a star)

--Gary Peters

--Tony Graff.

--Harold Baines

--Barry Jones (the one good year)

--Bobby Thigpen

--Jose Valentin (for his key hits the year we won it)

--Tom Seaver

Least favorite

--The Dybber

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah niiiiiiice!.... good ol' Herbert Perry....he was the man in 2000.  Is he still in the league?

Last time I remember he was playin with the Texas Rangers, dunno if he's still there or not. Mayb a bench guy we could go afta if he's out of contract.

Dabby's right....Texas had him.  Not sure if he is still with them, but he was in 2002, and he hit like 25 homers.

Yeah I remember he had a pretty good year for em in 2002. But with Blalock at 3rd now and Teixeira at 1st, I'd think he'd prob want to move on to somewhere else to find sum more playin time.

Yeah I remember he had a pretty good year for em in 2002. But with Blalock at 3rd now and Teixeira at 1st, I'd think he'd prob want to move on to somewhere else to find sum more playin time.

You'd think so, but I wouldn't be so sure with Herb. He seems to be a guy that just wants to win.

He is missed in Chicago. If Konerko were ever dealt, or Crede hurt, I'd welcome Herbert back in a second. He is a great player and is very clutch.

Mike Lavalliere (or however you spell that)...mostly beacuse his nickname was Spanky. Norberto Martin was a good one, too. But definitely the most underappreciated Sox player is Tim Raines. That goes for every team he was one. He is arguably the second best leadoff man of all time, but he just got stuck playing his entire career in the shadow of the best one. I think a lot of guys from the mid-90s teams are underappreciated, by the way.

Maybe not my favorite, but one that comes to mind as of now is Craig Grebeck. That little guy had some nice "pop" to his bat.I really liked him!! Also, Tim Hulett. He didn't do a heck of a lot, but he was kind of our "Graffy" of the mid 80's! By the way, whatever happened to Lyle Mouton? When he came up, I thought he was going to really amount to something! Least favorite........ Gotta put Mike Squires in there. Constantly ragged that he wasn't doing well because of little playing time. He finally got his chance, and he did worse. Tommy McCraw was famous for his annual pop-up to the firstbaseman in clutch situations. Gene Freese......... hit 273 with 79 RBI's in 1960. Only problem was, most of those came when the Sox were ahead by 5 or more runs. When the game was on the line, he lived up to his name.

Yeah.  He was such a huge part of our success back in 2000.  We should have kept him and let him get well instead of trading him for that fat tub of s*** David Wells.

Oh yes, we had such a dominant roatation :lol: Our badass ace James Baldwin, with such studs as cal eldred, mike sirotka, jim parque, and kip wells. :D