DVD Help

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I bought a DVD Burner/player, made by sony, and have been using it to burn my old video tapes onto DVD. Trouble is that the only place where those burnt DVD's will play is on the burner/player itself. The burnt DVD's wont work on my laptop or my X-Box. Is there any reason for this and more importantly, is there any way to rectify this problem.

Thanks in advance.

How strange. The last option when I close my dvd is it "makes ready for playback". I haven't had any problems like that. Some dvd players do have a hard time with copied dvd's (more of the older ones). Are you sure that you have the right decoders installed for playback on your computer?

That's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

How strange.  The last option when I close my dvd is it "makes ready for playback".  I haven't had any problems like that.  Some dvd players do have a hard time with copied dvd's (more of the older ones).  Are you sure that you have the right decoders installed for playback on your computer?

That's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

The problem is that the drive wont even read the copied discs at all. The drive is pretty new with me having bought my laptop back in September so I dont think thats the issue.