An unexpected day off of work

southsider2k5

Yeah an airtemp of -3 :angry:  I guess I could have walked the 60 miles :o  :huh:

lol

There is no way to take public transportation from my house to work so no day off for me (thank God - if I did, that would be something isn't working on my car!).

Gotta call mom in a few minutes to see if she made it to work without frostbite.

These are the days I love my attached garage. No need to even have a coat on in the car since it is already warm when I get in. Then I just pull into the underground garage at work and walk a few feet to the door. I don't miss the days back in high school when I had to wait outside for a bus.

These are the days I love my attached garage. No need to even have a coat on in the car since it is already warm when I get in. Then I just pull into the underground garage at work and walk a few feet to the door. I don't miss the days back in high school when I had to wait outside for a bus.

The only thing better is the remote start so the car is nice and toasty when we leave work ;)

Way back when at the old stadium there was a small "official" parking lot to the north. A small house with a backyard autorepair deal seperated it from the larger lot. I knew the off duty cop that always ran the lot and I would get an quick out and he would start up my car and have it nice a cozy when we got there. My clients would always look at me strange when I would leave the keys in the car and just pull up on the sidewalk. Best $5 I've ever spent.

NOw if I could just get someone to turn the air on and cool my car . . .

NOw if I could just get someone to turn the air on and cool my car . . .

Yeah, I would actually rather get into a cold care and wait for it to warm up than get into one when it is 110 degrees and wait for it to cool. I really can't stand hot weather.

I do rememeber when I worked overnight at McCormick place and used to come out to start my Jeep after it sat on the lakefront in sub-zero temps. It had a stick shift, and I couldn't shift the gears because the trans fluid was kinda solidified. I had to wait for it to warm up and liquify the fluid first.

My train service got suspended today because an early train tore down electric lines, so I ended up getting a sick day out of it.  Any other South Shore or Metra riders get messed up in all of this?

I had to drive in. I put my details in another thread.