Radio Interview with Jose..

JoshPR

Just heard an Interview with Jose on a local radio Station. Jose said that he might be playing center or Second this upcomming season. That's at least what Joey Cora told him on the phone that there's a 50% chance Jose plays center. Jose said that we doesn't wanna be moved around and wants to play one position. He'll play any where but he prefers playing short. He said that his agent was called by Kenny when the Nomah thing came up and told him Jose was staying in Chicago and that Either he was going to play second or what was the most likely sceanario Nomah was going to LA for 4 players one of them Being Odalis Perez. Guess he's dissapointed up to now that the Sox let everyone go and haven't gotten anything yet. He says they could have gone a long way last year some there was some factors that didn't help. He didn't mention those factors.

That was from the Horses Mouth, take it For what it's worth.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having him play center is insane.

And lip service, IMO. Someone's got something wrong. Perhaps Kenny gave Jose a line of BS, or Jose - or his agent - misunderstood. Whatever the case, what he said doesn't make sense.

Jose playing the outfield? Has he ever? What kind of crap is this? Ozzie better have his head in the ball game because some players don't play certain positions.

I don't want him there but Jose did Play there in 2001 and always plays Center or Left Field in WinterBall

Wow, we got Uribe to play.

I am hoping upon all hope he isn't another Jimenez.

Hopefully Jose will play second, but this doesn't sound good shifting

him all over the field again.

If that's the case, I'd trade Jose.

He's not valuable roaming all over the diamond.

My big fear is we start Harris at second, he sucks, Uribe doesn't hit

and we have a s*** April and May again until we get those two

off the field.

It happened the one year when KW played that fricking stiff

Ramirez.

I hope you guys and girls that have praised Harris are correct.

I am not wanting him to fail, I just have a sick feeling that Uribe

and Harris will not remind anybody of Jose and Alomar.

In my mind this is a bigtime downgrade, especially with the Royals

acquiring several players that should give them the division title,

considering they have awesome pitching in the minors about ready.

Zack Grinke (sp) is a fricking stud!!! And Gobble ain't bad.

I heard on 1000 that Guillen wants Uribe to be our starting shortstop and Jose will do what he did 2 years ago and play a multitude of postions, including 2nd and center... so this report just confirms it.

This is ridiculous leave Jose at ss, he plays better when he's left just playing ss we can't keep moving him around cause he'll committ many more errors, and he will also not be as effective at the plate.

If the Sox are considering playing Jose in cf, then they aught to can that entire idea, move Jose to 2nd and let Harris, whose younger and has actually played centerfield, handle CF.

Yeah, we've already tried that crap. I'd like to see Jose at 2nd, Uribe at SS, and Harris in CF. That way their's speed and knowing Ozzie a s***load of bunts.

Yeah, we've already tried that crap. I'd like to see Jose at 2nd, Uribe at SS, and Harris in CF. That way their's speed and knowing Ozzie a s***load of bunts.

What about rowand getting his so called "chcance" to play now? He's an ok runner himself.

Jose playing the outfield? Has he ever? What kind of crap is this? Ozzie better have his head in the ball game because some players don't play certain positions.

he opened in center in what 2001? frm 2000-2002 he played on opening day in 3 different postions and 1 was center.

I heard on 1000 that Guillen wants Uribe to be our starting shortstop and Jose will do what he did 2 years ago and play a multitude of postions, including 2nd and center... so this report just confirms it.

Not that anything on a radio show is gospel, but when was this broadcast? It sounded from Josh's initial post that the thought of moving Jose was a possible a result of getting bit not moving Nomar. It was just confirmed this week that KW's plan was not to ship hhim off to LA as speculated. If that had happened, yeah I could see trying to move Jose around. But barring that, it makes no sense to use Uribe over Jose - especally when the plan seemed to be using Uribe as this year's Tony G.

I don't care for Rowand myself. I think between Harris and Rowand, Willie brings more to the table. Neither player is an ideal starter.

Willie brings more to the table?!?! :huh: The only thing he brings to the table is his speed (and of course his .220 averages ;) ) Rowand at least gets on base, pretty decent hitter (when givin the "chance") good range (might not have the speed of harris but it's decent) and has a stronger arm between the two (even though it's only average.)

I have failed to make my point - Jose has played cf for us before - 18 games in 2001 including opening day, hit 271 and 3 homers playing center

Jose played center - this is not so shocking - it was to keep him in the game with the new SS being Royce - of course Jose played a lot of 3rd too

if he is being considered for CF again I would wonder why, but this is not unprecedented

Jose said Clearly in the interview that he told Cora he wasn't gonna move around, cause he's not a kid anymore and if that's the case he's not gonna last 162 games. That's stupid, Just Leave Jose at Short and move Uribe to second.

And for the person who asked.. Jose is a Decent outfielder down here gets to a lot of balls and plays the outfield well. I would say above average. Of course the Majors and Winterball is not the same

Moving him to cf is a bad idea, it didn't seem to work the last time why try it again.

i remember jose having all kinds of trouble throwing from out there...he could find 2nd base from CF with compass and a roadmap...a SS arm doesnt always mean a good outfielder's arm...plus iirc , he hit like crap when he was in CF