Gift Help

Texsox

A friend of mine (female, 23) is going to be sad tomorrow. The love of (the last 6 months) of her life is accepting a one year trip compliments of the US Marines in Iraq and is leaving today. I am trying to think of a small gift to brighten her tomorrow. Nothing overly expensive or personal.

Just saw this and I don't know if you already bought for her but an idea is a journal, tea (herbal, regular or coffee, if she likes any of the above) and a bathset. It will help to relax her and she can record her thoughts and maybe send them in a letter to him from time to time.

I was thinking stationary or a gift certificate to a movie rental place. I'm not sure how often they get to call overseas--one of my roommates has a boyfriend in the army but he's still in special forces training, so they talk on the phone a lot. If she ever gets to call him the phone bill could be atrocious--so a phone card might be appreciated as well...

As someone who sends flowers a lot, for just a "friend" they (especially that one) is very acceptable. It does what it says. But what the hell do I know.. I'm just normal and not a stupid moron...  :huh:

What seemed weird is a much older guy sending flowers.

That's never weird and usually appreciated. At the last company I worked for, the 4 engineers I worked with (all males, 2 being old enough to be my dad and the other 2 to be older brothers) gave me flowers for my b-day.

Flowers are a very much appreciated jesture. Flowers, for women, brighten the day like you wouldn't believe. And the thought is from the heart - which is the most appreciated thing one can do for another. JMO..

What changed?  That restraining order serve as a wake up call?

:lolhitting damn, you searched the sex offender roles She's the clerk at the local Boy Scout shop and I already spend too much time talking with her. I do not need to start any rumours.

I just didn't want to come across as some old pathetic guy hitting on a much younger and beautiful woman.

Understand.. However, the "Pick me up bouquet" is pretty self explanitory. And an added note like.. "Hang in there.. he'll be home before you know it" would emphasize the point of sending them.

I found a little pocket book titled "Words to Comfort" at my local Christian Book Store and bookmarked a couple passages for her. She started to cry a little. Sometimes it really is the thought that counts.

She's doing fine. She has had such a difficult time dating for some reason. She is very attractive with a perfect figure, and such a sweet personality. I guess some younger guys are intimidated.

I found a little pocket book titled "Words to Comfort" at my local Christian Book Store and bookmarked a couple passages for her. She started to cry a little. Sometimes it really is the thought that counts.

She's doing fine. She has had such a difficult time dating for some reason. She is very attractive with a perfect figure, and such a sweet personality. I guess some younger guys are intimidated.

That's was a great gift!! From the heart. Very sweet. :notworthy

She had mentioned once it was one of her favorite stores and one of my gift rules is shop where the receipant shops. Part of her dating problem is she works in the local Boy Scout shop, so she's only meeting old fathers and she doesn't drink and really dislikes bars.

At college, guys would just be intimidated by her looks.