Potential 3-Way Trade w/ LA and Anaheim

103 mph screwball

Sox trade Paul Konerko to the Dodgers for whatever prospects they can get. Sox save his salary money.

Sox then trade prospects (possibly the Konerko trade prospects) to Anaheim for Washburn.

The Dodgers end up with a hitter they need. The Angels cut salary to help pay for Vlad and pick up prospects. The Sox get a starting pitcher who would be their #3 or #4 in the rotation without adding to the payroll. Sox then could sign Randall Simon or Travis Lee to share first base with Big Frank.

I'd rather have Washburn than Perez. I'd rather have Washburn than Ponson!

If a trade like that goes through, which I kind of doubt, we may as well give Gload a chance to see if he can hit major league pitchers. He may surprise some people. If that fails I would suggest bringing up either Borchard or Reed and moving Carlos to DH (with Frank at first) or first. Travis Lee and Simon are both kind of mediocre and I don't think they'd bring more to the Sox than any of the above scenarios.

If a trade like that goes through, which I kind of doubt, we may as well give Gload a chance to see if he can hit major league pitchers. He may surprise some people. If that fails I would suggest bringing up either Borchard or Reed and moving Carlos to DH (with Frank at first) or first. Travis Lee and Simon are both kind of mediocre and I don't think they'd bring more to the Sox than any of the above scenarios.

Gload is nothing more than a Bench Player

i dont why anyone would want konerko with his current salary and recurring hip problems...but ive always thought washburn to be a very good and underrated pitcher so if could every finagle a way to get him losing only konerko and a few "prospects" id sure like to see us do it..

btw..does any GM in baseball really thing the chisox have top line prospects..even joe borchard's stock is falling...man we look weak down on the farm

I think a GM could be convinced to take a gamble on Paul Konerko who's had maybe 1.5 bad seasons now if the White Sox agreed to pay part of his salary. Then again this GM would probably make us throw in the obligatory top-tier prospect to seal the deal and further deplete our deteriorating farm system.

Do we have a picture of Steff, I would like to reserve judgement before it's decided if she is doable or not. :bringit  :bringit

For starters, I wouldn't mind having Randall Simon here. He's not a bad hitter and he's pretty clutch, and while he won't walk often, he won't strike out too often either, plus he's a LH stick in the middle of the lineup.

Second, Steff is doable. Anyone on here will tell you that. :D

Does anyone have pictures of do they want to buy any?

A picture of me used to be my avatar.. no idea what happened to it. There is a group picture that I posted back in August - I believe it would be in the archives of the S, L, & P board... Mid august, IIRC. I think I titled the thread tailgate pictures or group pictures... I can't remember right now. Anyone else remember?

A picture of me used to be my avatar.. no idea what happened to it. There is a group picture that I posted back in August - I believe it would be in the archives of the S, L, & P board... Mid august, IIRC. I think I titled the thread tailgate pictures or group pictures... I can't remember right now. Anyone else remember?

All of the old pics are now dead links because of switching servers. Some might have been restored, but I wouldn't hold your breath.