My complete opinion on the KW-MB crisis

Soxplosion

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, again, isnt 2 million a year enough? If Buehrle had won twenty I woulda been with the rest of you in that he deserves more money.  

That is the most assinine thing you've ever posted.

i agree i like kw now. he hearded my trust. but i mean comeon he cant lose mb. and he needs to offer him a decent contract. and that 1 one win doesnt mean anything that keept him from 20. he carried this pitching staff last year. he was the only pitcher you would have a good fealing we where gonna win that day. he deserves the money plain and simple.

If KW really did offer MB 7 mil over 3 seasons, then thats a pretty good deal. It's almost exactly what pitchers like Zito, Hudson, and Milton got after having simillar success. But the fact remains, if your ace wants more money, do anything to keep him happy.

And in KW's view, that was offering our ace the same as last year's contract, in the $300,000 range.

Oh, and with a $10,000 bonus if MB win AL MVP.

If those are the numbers, then that is f***ing pathetic. How could you blame Buehrle if that is the case?

I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced that those are the numbers. That may be what they ended up paying him when he didn't accept the contract offer but I'm not convinced that is what the offer was.

Not that pissing off Buehrle this way two years in a row isn't moronic all in itself but I do think there are two sides here.

Having said that, theoldroman is a deush-bag.

If KW really did offer MB 7 mil over 3 seasons, then thats a pretty good deal. It's almost exactly what pitchers like Zito, Hudson, and Milton got after having simillar success. But the fact remains, if your ace wants more money, do anything to keep him happy.

And in KW's view, that was offering our ace the same as last year's contract, in the $300,000 range.

If those are the numbers, then that is f***ing pathetic. How could you blame Buehrle if that is the case?

I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced that those are the numbers. That may be what they ended up paying him when he didn't accept the contract offer but I'm not convinced that is what the offer was.

Not that pissing off Buehrle this way two years in a row isn't moronic all in itself but I do think there are two sides here.

let theoldroman alone for pete sake. enuf. are we going to turn like the other site who just attack someone who has a difference of opinion. i change my opinion and soooo does others, so what.

let theoldroman alone for pete sake. enuf. are we going to turn like the other site who just attack someone who has a difference of opinion. i change my opinion and soooo does others, so what.

Well event ho I have apologized, I still thank you for your support. Thanks ldf... :D

Well I'm sorry for calling you a deush (I'm not even sure I spelled it right)

You know I feel convicted when a heathen like LDF calls me out :D

Seriously tho roman, you could use to chill a little

You know I feel convicted when a heathen like LDF calls me out  :D

Thats cool bj, I was kinda acting like a douche anyways. Thanks man... :)

Just FYI..... it's douche :D

Thanks, I was in too much of a hurry to look it up and calling him a Massengill didn't seem to have the same ring to it.

Massengill would be a good nickname though for a guy that you thought was a douche.

HEY MASSENGILL..... GET OVER HERE!

SHUT THE f*** UP MASSENGILL!

Actually, I kinda like it. LOL :D

You know I feel convicted when a heathen like LDF calls me out  :D

a heathen........... what is with this word. all the bible thumpers where i live are calling me this. this is tooo weird. :headbang

i am serious. but not offended. we go a long way back. and i enjoy the banter. :lol:

Just FYI..... it's douche :D

Thanks, I was in too much of a hurry to look it up and calling him a Massengill didn't seem to have the same ring to it.

a messengill??????/ oh that is funny

a heathen........... what is with this word. all the bible thumpers where i live are calling me this. this is tooo weird. :headbang

i am serious. but not offended. we go a long way back. and i enjoy the banter. :lol:

Well if you would quit sacrificing chickens in the hallway of your apartment building...

:P

Well if you would quit sacrificing chickens in the hallway of your apartment building...

:P

ok remember this night.............. :lol: :headbang

you will get yours. :D

Mark Buehrle went to a baseball or sportswriters award ceremony in St. Louis one day after all the Cardinals Fest/Winter Warm-Up was over. I read about this on the Cardinals mlb.com website & they listed mostly Cardinal players that would be attending.

This ceremony might have just been for local St. Louis area sports figures. Ever how, I think Mark has the right to attend whatever sports ceremony that he wishes. At least Mark will feel some respect in St. Louis.

Kenny Williams & Sox Management started the disrespect thang first....not Mark Buehrle.

You shouldn't look down on a guy to want to pitch for the team he was born & raised to love. Mark's whole family are die-hard Cardinal fans.

I want Mark to stay with the White Sox as long as he continues his winning ways, but won't blame him or think of him as a bad guy for leaving after the way he is being treated by White Sox Management.

Guest hotsoxchick1
SHUT THE f*** UP YOU LITTLE JACKASS .... LET MARK GO??????? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR f***ING MIND?????????? UNTILL YOU KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT I SUGGEST YOU STAY THE f*** AWAY FROM THIS SUBJECT YOU LITTLE MORON.....YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVENT BEEN A SOX FAN FOR VERY LONG IF THIS IS HONESTLY HOW YOU FEEL.................... :fyou   :bringit

And they say I'm a jackass to everyone.

HSC, when you're having PMS, stay away from the boards. Thanks.

f*** you too cerb... i dont have pms... when stupid people say stupid things they need to be told.......... :fyou :bringit

Better to stay quiet and let people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.  

Section 113....that was a good post...but I gotta ask....do you know who is quoted as saying that first? Because it is a very good quote to live by

Actually, I believe this quote, or a very similar form of it, can be attributed to Benjamin Franklin. I am not totally sure of this, though.

Robin Ventura is the f***ing man...  I'd agree with you, roman, if the Sox offered him a very solid offer, but they offered him jack s***.  These guys only play in this league for, at most 20 years; and some (like Robin) who suffer horrible injuries, will play even less.

It made sense for both the Sox and Robin to part.  Robin deserved more money, and the Sox were moving on to Crede... to bad it took 5 years.

You're a f***ing idiot.

Holy s*** I agree with doub. I'm sorry I missed this thread earlier, it truly was the dumbest, most f***ing idiotic string of posts I have ever seen by one person.

Ventura was probably the best 3bman the Sox ever had. Fisk was probably the best catcher. Buehrle is their best pitcher in at least a decade.With good health and a little luck he could easily be their best left hander since Billy Pierce. Anyone see a pattern here?

All were treated like s*** before they left/will leave? :angry:

Bingo.

Stop BEFORE it turns into that...?? Have you read the start of this thread.. :rolleyes:

Better to stay quiet and let people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.  

Section 113....that was a good post...but I gotta ask....do you know who is quoted as saying that first? Because it is a very good quote to live by

You know, I can always remember the quotes, but never who penned it. My college English professors probably wouldn't be too happy about that.

If I come across it I will cite my reference and let you know.

I agree that it is a good way to go through life, unfortunately, I don't always practice that. Just like Roman, and everyone else, I will spout off from time to time as well.

Roman, just remember that despite the intense reactions from this thread, everyone says things that get people up at arms from time to time. Part of the learning experience.

Now don't let it happen again!!!lol

You know, I can always remember the quotes, but never who penned it. My college English professors probably wouldn't be too happy about that.

If I come across it I will cite my reference and let you know.

I agree that it is a good way to go through life, unfortunately, I don't always practice that. Just like Roman, and everyone else, I will spout off from time to time as well.

Roman, just remember that despite the intense reactions from this thread, everyone says things that get people up at arms from time to time. Part of the learning experience.

Now don't let it happen again!!!lol

Oh, I wont. But sometimes people share emotions (sometimes poorly influenced emotions, like mine which were influenced by leaning more towards Kenny and the pressure of the exams) and they get busted for it. This time it was me...

Actually, I believe this quote, or a very similar form of it, can be attributed to Benjamin Franklin. I am not totally sure of this, though.

If I'm thinking right....I believe it is Abraham Lincoln.