NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o NW still is holding out hope of sneaking into the NCAA tourney...  Remember if it happens you heard it here first.  If not, nevermind :lol:

Haha, NU for the tourney. :bang As much as I'd like for them to make it, they are going to have to all but win out or win the Big Ten Tourney. Neither of which I expect to happen, but I'm keeping hope alive. I remember you saying that they got their one and only Big Ten road win at Iowa when they beat em. I would shove the quote in your face, but it's not in this thread and I can't be bothered to look it up. :lol:

And Michigan suffers a huge blow to their NCAA tourney hopes with a loss to Minnesota of all teams.  Can you say NIT?  Big 10 is looking at 3 or 4 at the best NCAA berths right now.  Right now ILL and Wisconsin are in good shape, MSU is borderline and everyone else is on the outside looking in.

As much as it pains me, Purdue is in better shape than State. Purdue has beaten Duke, and has beaten other quality teams. I cannot imagine all four not getting in.

As much as it pains me, Purdue is in better shape than State. Purdue has beaten Duke, and has beaten other quality teams. I cannot imagine all four not getting in.

Purdue is sinking fast. Losses at home vs. NW and at home vs. Ohio St. If they don't pull it together real quick they have no shot at the tourney. Factor in RPI in that is probably now in the 80s and it doesn't look promising. As much as it pains me to say this it is possible the Big 10 will only receive two berths this year, unlikely because I think someone will surprise in the BTT but it is a possibility. Scary to think about.

Purdue is sinking fast.  Losses at home vs. NW and at home vs. Ohio St.  If they don't pull it together real quick they have no shot at the tourney.  Factor in RPI in that is probably now in the 80s and it doesn't look promising.  As much as it pains me to say this it is possible the Big 10 will only receive two berths this year, unlikely because I think someone will surprise in the BTT but it is a possibility.  Scary to think about.

We have to remember two things here:

1.) The Big Ten will bring in a ton of money, and the NCAA likes money. This one helps us.

2.) America likes underdogs, and wants to see the 'little' guys get into the tournament. This one hurts us.

Well, this one tonight hurt more than any so far this year. Up 66-54 over Miss St with a little over 4 minutes to go, and let Miss St come all teh way back and go to OT. Then, only hit 1 of 6 shots in the OT. 2 games in a row that USC has let slip away from them.

Purdue is sinking fast.  Losses at home vs. NW and at home vs. Ohio St.  If they don't pull it together real quick they have no shot at the tourney.  Factor in RPI in that is probably now in the 80s and it doesn't look promising.  As much as it pains me to say this it is possible the Big 10 will only receive two berths this year, unlikely because I think someone will surprise in the BTT but it is a possibility.  Scary to think about.

The other thing going against Purdue is the selection committee will take a hot team over a slumping team. Plus they can also leave a team out because of injuries, which two strikes against the Boilers.

We straight up suck right now. Having Kenny Lowe go out hurt, but even with him back last night, we couldn't win a close one. Unless we go 5-1 the rest of the way out, which would include a victory at MSU or Whisky, I don't think we deserve to make the tourney.

Also, the Duke team we beat in Alaska is nowhere near the Duke team that's out there now, HUGE difference.

All I care about now is beating IU on Saturday... but there's not even that much hope left there either.

We straight up suck right now.  Having Kenny Lowe go out hurt, but even with him back last night, we couldn't win a close one.  Unless we go 5-1 the rest of the way out, which would include a victory at MSU or Whisky, I don't think we deserve to make the tourney.

Also, the Duke team we beat in Alaska is nowhere near the Duke team that's out there now, HUGE difference.

All I care about now is beating IU on Saturday... but there's not even that much hope left there either.

Eh...you guys will have a real crowd for that game. I think Lowe will have a better game Saturday, you guys will probably hang on to win that one.

Wow...what a game...Louisville had the lead about the whole game.  Charlotte took the lead for the first time w/ 1:30 to go, and it went back and forth down to the wire.  Charlotte wins 77-71...They've beaten some good teams this season....at Cincy, at 'Cuse, and Marquette

I say Louiville is very overrated, along with Arizona.

Also, i was thinking, how have the last undefeated teams done in the tourney, because sometimes its good to have a loss just to get it off your shoulders. I would think it might be good for Stanford and St Joes to get knocked off, although, St. Joes has no one left until Rhode Island on the road.

I say Louiville is very overrated, along with Arizona. 

Also, i was thinking, how have the last undefeated teams done in the tourney, because sometimes its good to have a loss just to get it off your shoulders.  I would think it might be good for Stanford and St Joes to get knocked off, although, St. Joes has no one left until Rhode Island on the road.

f*** that they beat two #1's. What more do you want?

f*** that they beat two #1's. What more do you want?

Well, they certainly are not good eneugh to have that #6 ranking they had before they played Memphis last week. They've lost 3 out of there last 4, and they have yet to play Cinci on the road next week. And one of those 2 number 1's was Florida, who is barely a top 25 team. Lol, they lost to Iowa for god sakes... but ill give them the benefit of the doubt for it being the first game of the year.

ST Joe's does not impress me at all.  They could be the first 1 seed to lose to a 16

I think they at least go 2 or 3 rounds, I'll have to see who they end up playing. However, I agree. They haven't really been tested; their only true tests were Gonzaga on opening night, Boston College (that's a stretch), and Dayton. I don't blame them for that, but it'll be interesting to see what they do in the tourney against more tested teams. St. Joe's has done pretty well w/out having any kind of height, that should change in the tourney.

Another note....Minnesota is up on the road at Michigan State 31-26; however, there's 3:25 first half. Minnesota looks to revenge the loss they had against MSU were they were up 18 at the half.