NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sold on St. Joe's yet, but I'm sold on Nelson. The guy is amazing.

Nelson is amazing, but that West kid is damn good too. He's is more of scorer than nelson is, and just finds a way to get it done. As for the Duke/St. Joes prediction, I think we may see them play in the regionals this year, and if they do both get that far, i think St Joes would win. But in the regular season, i would probably give it to Duke.

Btw, i still say that St. Joes will lose in the sweet 16, they havnt played anyone in the last 2 months besides Dayton, and i feel that will hurt them in the tourney.

i was watching around the horn today and the last question was who do u think would win between Duke and St. Joes if they went head to head. personally i think duke would win because they are 5-1 against ranked teams and St. Joes is 1-0 against ranked teams. Also Duke has a much harder schedule then St. Joes. I dk what do u guys think?

On PTI today, they had on Phil Martelli for thier "five good minutes" segment. He cited the reason they wouldn't beat duke/go deep in the tourney. They don't have any inside scoring presense.

On PTI today, they had on Phil Martelli for thier "five good minutes" segment.  He cited the reason they wouldn't beat duke/go deep in the tourney.  They don't have any inside scoring presense.

While that may be true, we all know how valuable guard play is in the Big Dance. I think their problem will be that they will have been untested.

While that may be true, we all know how valuable guard play is in the Big Dance. I think their problem will be that they will have been untested.

thats a good point. They have only played on team in the top 25 and they beat them other then that they have faced the usual atlantic 10 type opponents, so dont count on them to go to far in the tourney. I kind of look at them as a cinderella type team heading into the tourney because they possibly could beat a high seeded team but it wont be easy. I think this program is on the rise though. The year they are having should bring in some good recruits.

Stanford stays undefeated...

76-67

They really traded punches with USC in the middle to late second half, until USC couldn't hit a free throw down the stretch.

I listened to the game online... It sounded like Stanford was calm, even after being up double digits in the second half, and letting USC pull back to even. They waited for thier shots and knocked 'em down.

There's no Reason to believe that they won't make it through the regular season undefeated. (except for the fact that I just jinxed them by typing that)

Did anyone catch the Arizona vs. Oregon game.  Zona won 100-87 in regulation.  Salim Stoudamire scored 37 for Zona and Luke Jackson scored 42 for Oregon.  I have bashed Zona a lot this year but if they shoot like they did yesterday I know I wouldn't want to play them.

That's been the question mark with them in my mind. Their guard play hasn't been as it has been in previous years. To me that spells early round defeat in the tourney, but if they get hot, it spells final four. :huh: You gotta love the tourney baby!

That's been the question mark with them in my mind. Their guard play hasn't been as it has been in previous years. To me that spells early round defeat in the tourney, but if they get hot, it spells final four. :huh: You gotta love the tourney baby!

Are you talking about Arizona's guard play? As a U of A student I can tell you that their guard play is by far their strength. What Arizona lacks is size and depth up front. They usually have Hassan Adams, at 6'4 200 lb, starting at PF. He is a freak of an athlete so he does a decent job of handling the role, but besides Frye and Radenovic, they have no quality big man over 6'6. This along with a lack of defense at times is going to hurt Arizona in the Tourny. Arizona is going to be a dangerous team come Tourny time. They could go out in the 1st round or go to the Final 4, but teams would like to avoid them based on how good they are when they play well.

Are you talking about Arizona's guard play? As a U of A student I can tell you that their guard play is by far their strength. What Arizona lacks is size and depth up front. They usually have Hassan Adams, at 6'4 200 lb, starting at PF. He is a freak of an athlete so he does a decent job of handling the role, but besides Frye and Radenovic, they have no quality big man over 6'6. This along with a lack of defense at times is going to hurt Arizona in the Tourny. Arizona is going to be a dangerous team come Tourny time. They could go out in the 1st round or go to the Final 4, but teams would like to avoid them based on how good they are when they play well.

I still say they are overrated based on their play this year, but I agree on their tourney prospects. I can see them winning it all or going out in the first round, they just have no consistency to speak of plus like you said they play no defense.

Their guards are still good, but they've had better, more consistent guards in recent years.

Their guards are still good, but they've had better, more consistent guards in recent years.

Is Salim Stoudamire going to go early to the NBA you think? I've been so impressed with his play lately, he's a sure lottery pick...

And I swear, Frye reminds me of Brian Cook, maybe because they have the same body type, but they have comparable skills.

Is Salim Stoudamire going to go early to the NBA you think?  I've been so impressed with his play lately, he's a sure lottery pick...

Sorry, there is now way Salim Stoudamire gets picked in the lottery. He is essentially a 6'1" SG without the ability to really take the ball to the hoop against good defenders. He is a great shooter but he is late first round at best.

Oh I know.  I've been flipping between all the games on, and I understand both teams have a great shooting teams.  I've been watching a majority of the Cincy-Louis. game...This has been slow moving.

I'm trying to watch as many teams as possible before the NCAA's. I have tourney money to win :ph34r: I have seen Lous and Cincy, as well as ND, Uconn. I am watching bits of the DePaul game though. They are hot as hell.