NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSU, congrats on your first quality win,  Michigan welcome to the NIT.  Anyone else notice how poorly coached Michigan is? :huh Message to college ADs don't hire former Duke assistant coaches.

I have to disagree.

Anybody who follows Michigan Athletics knows that the basketball team was in utter turmoil for more than a few years.

When amaker came in, things settled down, and he cleaned house. He got rid of some decent players who weren't committed, and really brought in some strong kids. Horton, Abram, and Robinson Jr. may have more to do with Michigan's success lately on the court than Amaker's coaching, but at least this is finally becoming a respectable program again.

f*** Brian Ellerbe (just felt it was needed)

Purdue won't get in at large, between the injuries and the s***ty play, they are done unless they win the big 10 tourney.

Don't know if it's been talked about on here but Ivan Kartelo got arrested for PI and Battery early Sunday morning. So he'll probably be out against Whisky on Sunday, if not longer.

The good wins vs. bad losses pretty much equal out, which leaves you with a team that when healthy can beat anyone or can score 39 against NW at home. You never know which team you're going to see, which makes it interesting for the selection committee.

BTW... The RPI isn't up to 90... yet.

I have to disagree.

Anybody who follows Michigan Athletics knows that the basketball team was in utter turmoil for more than a few years. 

When amaker came in, things settled down, and he cleaned house.  He got rid of some decent players who weren't committed, and really brought in some strong kids.  Horton, Abram, and Robinson Jr. may have more to do with Michigan's success lately on the court than Amaker's coaching, but at least this is finally becoming a respectable program again.

f*** Brian Ellerbe (just felt it was needed)

Think what you want but Amaker is a bad game coach. He wasn't a good coach at Seton Hall either. He is a great recruiter who has a lot of talent and does very little with it.

Think what you want but Amaker is a bad game coach.  He wasn't a good coach at Seton Hall either.  He is a great recruiter who has a lot of talent and does very little with it.

Yeah I am not saying he is Coach K. or anything, and I find many of his decisions to be questionable. But Michigan needed someone to restore the dignity in this program and he has done it.

Now either he will continue to bring in talent and Michigan will try to ride that. Or we will use our restored image to try to get a more established coach, I don't know which will happen, but I don't think Amaker's future is a pressing issue right now.

Amaker may end up being the biggest hero in UofM B-ball since Glen Rice.

I'm not sure if this will do much for Missouri, but they get the solid win over #6 OSU 93-92, in 2 OT, and they storm the court........

Watch after all of Mizzou's problems this year, they will win the big-12 tourney and end up in the NCAA's afterall.

I really think they will find a way to sneak into the tourny.

Yeah, a HUGE win over a top 10 team this late in the season doesn't go unnoticed. Their RPI is not bad, it's 47, and that was before today's win. Jerry Palm (collegerpi.com) said he only left them off the field of 65 as of now because their record of 13-10 isn't good enough. If they can improve that, which they did tonight, they will be in.

DePaul beat Louisville on the road tonight.  Louisville being ranked at this point is a joke, they have now lost 6 out of 7 games but since the pollsters are morons they will probably still be ranked next weak.

You can't completely deny what they did before that, but I agree with you.