NCAA hoops thread

Lol... i dont think i've ever seen that happen...  Lose by 35 but thats not terrible?  If they lost by 50, would that be bad then?

Regardless, playing at Cameron Indoor is extremely hard, but still, 35 points is still a beatdown of mass proportions.

This team has a lot of freshman, and are only 10-5 in the Mid-Con. Their experience level is very low and this was one of the, if not the, biggest game so far this year. They did play Arizona, Cincinati and Marquette, and only lost by like 8 each time, with an exception of the Cincinati game because they were undefeated at the time and won by like 18. I guess 35 is bad, but Duke has won 41 straight at home. And the jitters of being on national TV didn't help. The possitives out of this game were outrebounding Duke and just playing against a team of that calibar. The bad things had to be giving up 15 threes and having 11 shots blocked. If you followed VU basketball this year, which you don't I'm sure, you would have known that they were miserable at the beginning of the year, especially on the road. Maybe this game didn't help them at the moment, but the future is bright for the Crusaders with more good recruits coming in next year.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yadda yadda, bulls***. Zona sucks, as do their guards. Let's put it this way. The assist/turnover ratio of the guards is 1.26 to 1 and it's 1.29 to 1 for the frontcourt. Think about it, that's a category that guards are supposed to thrive in, yet the frontcourt has a better ratio. I just don't see the guards on Arizona doing anything special. I suppose the lack of depth up front is a problem, but their guards aren't making up for it. They don't have a pure PG type that has a good assist/to ratio. They need someone who can lead the offense. If Shakur is your PG how come he only had 1 assist against Washington?

The facts hurt don't they. Danman, how many Arizona games have you seen? Based on your comments it appears that you haven't watched one game because you have no clue what you are talking about? If you watch any Arizona games you would know that they are extremely athletic and love to run the floor, which helps explain why they are averaging 88+ PPG and is one of the reasons why Shakur doesn't lead the team in assists(since he isn't necessarily the player with the ball if the team is on a fast break). Because they have players like Adams and Iquodala playing the two forward spots(when they are natural guards/wing players) they have 4 players that can consistantly handle the ball, and thats another reason why the assists are evenly distributed and you don't have one player with 8+ assists. They have no depth/talent up front besides Frye, yet this team is a top 25 team, so who is responsible for that(hint: the guards)? Please watch a few Arizona games before you spout off about s*** you know nothing about. Shakur is an extremely talented young player(you would know that if you watched any Arizona games). He has a decent assists to turnover ratio of 1.5:1, however, he is a true freshman and sometimes doesn't make wise decisions(will get better with experience). Furthermore, way to base your opinion on 1 game. I am sure that I can find a couple of games when Jason Kidd had 1-2 assists, but does that mean he is a terrible PG? Danman you need to get a clue and watch some Arizona games so you don't look like a fool by calling the teams strength its weakness. :bringit

State sitting pretty versus Penn State.

as they should be.

Let's hope the illini can keep pace and actually beat those pesky cats from n'western today.

And how about RI hanging around against the hawks? I really hope the rams pull this one out.

Let's hope the illini can keep pace and actually beat those pesky cats from n'western today.

I'm pumped up for this game. It should be a good one. I don't expect NU to pull it out and all the Illinois fans at school are saying NU has no chance....but that's what they said last time. :ph34r:

Even if St. Joe's comes out on top today, my bracket won't have them going past the 3rd round, they just don't impress.

Agreed. I was saying this before this game. This reassures what I was thinking. Of course it all depends on their draw, but I really don't see them doing much damage.