NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't know why they don't have it be all gold instead of black to match the gene pool.

Don't forget who won the last two years at Purdue when Illinois was ranked #10 and #14 respectively.  Also don't forget who won the game at Illinois this year... although that was when Purdue was playing half-way decent  :ph34r:

I know, just messing with you. I'm expecting a very difficult game. I really don't understand why the Gene Pool can't wear black or the rest of the fans can't wear gold like you said. Just doesn't make sense and doesn't make for the same type of atmosphere, especially when there will be a lot of orange sprinkled in.

Hahah, that middle picture of Keady is hilarious, looks like he's doing a Chris Farley "motivational speaker" skit from SNL.

Going off subject, back to Illinois, I like what Izzo said after the game....

"I hope Illinois wins it," Izzo said. "I don't want to win a conference championship backing in. I'm not going to lose any sleep hoping we back our way in."

I like the way you think mister...

Go Illini!

hers is what I know:

the place is EXTREMELY small not even 9500 i bet

plus i think students get tickets for free so they have to line up hours and hours in advance or something messed up like that IIRC

ya i heard that students camp out in the parking lot and stuff just to get tickets.

I don't see why they make such a big deal about them selling out so much.

Duke's a school with about an enrollment of 6,000 undergrads.... That's why.

They do have about the same # of Graguate students, though making it about 12K at the school

Compare that to MSU with and undergrad enrollment of around 35,000 and another 10K in Grad students.

Cameron indoor capacity ~ 9,300 + Student base ~ 12,000 = 3 of 4 students able to attend*

Breslin Center capacity ~ 15,000 + Student Base ~ 45, 000 = 1 in 3 students able to attend*

*I know crownds are not entirely made up of students. Although large state schools such as MSU (Sorry to pick MSU Steve I just knew a little something bout the school) often have larger section available for non-students. Plus boxes for higher ticket prices. Duke is one of the few places to be the reverse of this.

Duke's a school with about an enrollment of 6,000 undergrads.... That's why.

They do have about the same # of Graguate students, though making it about 12K at the school

Compare that to MSU with and undergrad enrollment of around 35,000 and another 10K in Grad students.

Cameron indoor capacity ~ 9,300  + Student base ~ 12,000 = 3 of 4 students able to attend*

Breslin Center capacity ~ 15,000 + Student Base ~ 45, 000 = 1 in 3 students able to attend*

*I know crownds are not entirely made up of students. Although large state schools such as MSU (Sorry to pick MSU Steve I just knew a little something bout the school) often have larger section available for non-students. Plus boxes for higher ticket prices.  Duke is one of the few places to be the reverse of this.

From last I heard, there was something like 45k undergrads, or something like that. It may have been total students, like you said, but I could have sworn it was total undergrads.