NCAA hoops thread

Wow, nobody is on here to post that Stanford just lost to Washington?  I guess everyone predicted that this would happen.

Anyway, Stanford, undefeated no more, goes down 75-62.

Washington will be a scary team in the NCAA Tourney.

I just looked at the stats....

There's no article yet, but it seems like the zebras took this one away from the Cardnial. The Huskies shot 29 free throws to stanfords 3???? some one that's some disparity.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at the stats....

There's no article yet, but it seems like the zebras took this one away from the Cardnial.  The Huskies shot 29 free throws to stanfords 3???? some one that's some disparity.

Yeah, thats what it sounds like, cbs has it 30 to 3. Thats hard to do, only go to the line 3 times. Im sure some of those 30 FT's were at the end of the game, but still.

Well, Illinois State's season ended tonight with a loss to UNI, but at least they beat arch rival Bradley yesterday. That makes this disappointing season a little better. Hopefully, they'll be better next year only losing one senior.

Now, I get to focus my attention on Illinois and the Big Ten. Hopefully, I'll be at Conseco next Saturday. What a great place to watch basketball and no better atmosphere than those conference tournaments with all of the schools fans.

I just have to give props to the guys from Murray State, a school about 30 miles from me. They beat conference champ Austin Peay in OVC finals to earn a ticket to the Big Dance for the 5th time in the last 8 years. Way to go Racers.

I know no one else cares about this, but wtf. :lol:

I just have to give props to the guys from Murray State, a school about 30 miles from me.  They beat conference champ Austin Peay in OVC finals to earn a ticket to the Big Dance for the 5th time in the last 8 years.  Way to go Racers.

I know no one else cares about this, but wtf.  :lol:

Hey the midmajors are my favorite part of March Madness. Preach on YAS!!! :headbang

Wow, nobody is on here to post that Stanford just lost to Washington?  I guess everyone predicted that this would happen.

Anyway, Stanford, undefeated no more, goes down 75-62.

Washington will be a scary team in the NCAA Tourney.

I didn't even see that till this morning. Now Stanford has their wake up call for the tourney. Look out.

I didn't even see that till this morning.  Now Stanford has their wake up call for the tourney.  Look out.

I love the headline on ESPN.com.....

It says "A tree falls" in big bold letters w/ a picture of Jensen from Washington.

The caption's first sentence below the picture is, "And everyone heard it." :lol:

Hey the midmajors are my favorite part of March Madness.  Preach on YAS!!! :headbang

Well then let me say Valpo plays Oakland today, right now in fact, in the opening round of the Mid-Con tourny. I might add that Oakland was the preseason favorite and turned out to be the eighth seed. They have started to turn it on lately, so VU has to be careful. A few more side notes; Valpo won it's 9th regular season champioship in 10yrs this year and are 12-0 all time versus Oakland.

Stanford was due for a loss. They are really over-achieving, but I give them credit. They had a lot of injuries and while playing in a down conference this yearr, they still have been up for almost every game.

Washington flat out clobbered them yesterday though. Its probably better now, then having to continue having the pressure on their backs.

Wasn't it Umass that went damn near undefeated when they had Marcus Camby?

Well then let me say Valpo plays Oakland today, right now in fact, in the opening round of the Mid-Con tourny. I might add that Oakland was the preseason favorite and turned out to be the eighth seed. They have started to turn it on lately, so VU has to be careful. A few more side notes; Valpo won it's 9th regular season champioship in 10yrs this year and are 12-0 all time versus Oakland.

Is it on TV anywhere?

Stanford was due for a loss.  They are really over-achieving, but I give them credit.  They had a lot of injuries and while playing in a down conference this yearr, they still have been up for almost every game.

Washington flat out clobbered them yesterday though.  Its probably better now, then having to continue having the pressure on their backs.

Wasn't it Umass that went damn near undefeated when they had Marcus Camby?

I dont know if Stanford will get a number one anymore because of there loss and not to mention there strenght of schedule. i would take duke, st joes, kentucky and Mississippi State as my number ones.

KU beats Mizzou, Ku beats Mizzou.

Last second shot by David Padgett, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Final game in the history of hearnes center, and the senior night of Bryant, paulding and johnson;.  Ku is finally coming together.

Self refuses to lose to Mizzou.

KU beats Mizzou, Ku beats Mizzou.

Last second shot by David Padgett, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Final game in the history of hearnes center, and the senior night of Bryant, paulding and johnson;.  Ku is finally coming together.

Are those red jerseys new? I've never seen those before....

I dont know if Stanford will get a number one anymore because of there loss and not to mention there strenght of schedule. i would take duke, st joes, kentucky and Mississippi State as my number ones.

They're still 26-1 overall along with being in a big-time conference, even with the conference having a down year overall. They lost 1 game in conference play.

They are a #1 seed.

Anyways, saw that my Orangemen got another good win...beat #4 Pitt the other day and now they beat #8 UConn. Nice to see. I didn't expect them to finish strong with Edelin apparently being out for the year with his problems, but they are. G-mac and Warrick are stepping it up big-time and leading by example...I think they scored like 43 of the 67 points, and Forth had a nice game as well putting in 14 with 13 boards. Anyway they can win is fine by me. They seem to be getting it together at the right time.

For those of you who choose to sleep at normal hours, you missed a great game.

Gonzaga @ Santa Clara in the WCC tournament.

Gonzaga pulls out a victory in the last five seconds --- Zaga fans storm the opponents floor. During the last couple of minute the crowd was going nuts, making the camera shake like crazy. Either that or the cameraman had parkinson's.

I love this week of basketball almost as much as the actual tournament itself.

Gonzaga didn't deserve to win, but they did 63-62 over Santa Clara. The 'Zags scored with five seconds left, and Santa Clara couldn't answer. Santa Clara led the entire game, even had as much as a ten point lead. The 'Zags did not deserve to win, but they did. Blake Stepp's defense was exposed again, this team could not beat a team with a very quick, agile PG (here you go Illinois, Dee Brown would have a blast). Only two loses are to St. Josephs (Nelson did have a blast) and Stanford. Santa Clara was one game over .500 coming into this game, 'Zags didn't make a great case for a one or two seed.

One thing that pissed me off is at the end of the game. The game was played at Santa Clara. The Gonzaga fans who were at the game, charged the court. People got on SIU when they charged after the Hawaii game, but Gonzaga fans charged on the oppenents home court, and who was one game over .500. Not to mention Gonzaga is ranked fourth in the nation. YOU f***ING IDIOTS!!!!! I was on the Gonzaga bandwagon -- picked them for the Final Four before the season started -- but, I really lost alot of belief in them today.