NCAA hoops thread

Southsider-  Are you going to the Valpo vs. Laporte regional championship tonight? I just thought you might be going since it's in MC. It's not college, but it should be a good game. Valpo is 21-2 and LP is 21-3. They both lost to each other once during the regualar season.

Nah. I'm staying home and watching college ball. You goin?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke and Maryland are in a battle w/ Maryland up 38-36 in the ACC Championship game in a great game so far....

Duhon was out for a bit after hurting his ribs.

Strawberry also twisted his ankle pretty badly too. It will be interesting to see if he comes back for the 2nd half. It will also be interesting to see what happens when Maryland gets the rim at the one end of the floor that supposedly has somekind of a problem with it. Shots keep coming out of it. :huh:

MD wins 95-87 in OT.  They hault Duke's run at the ACC Championship, nice....

That was an incredible game. It was like watching an old fasioned heavy weight boxing match with both guys throwing haymakers and neither one going down. Congrats to MD they beat the #3, #2, and #1 seeds in the ACC on 3 consecutive days.

Hmm, well, i decided before the game that if we lose, I wont be mad, with my "never have a win streak going into the tourney" theory. But getting destroyed like this is quite demorilizing. Im confident that we will bounce back, but we better get the 4 seed, I hope the committee doesnt look at this and drop us to a 5. After this 12 game win streak, we dont deserve to drop 2 spots. I hope Wisky plays like this in the tourney, they will be hard to beat.

Sighhh...

GO ILLINI!

UConn rallies to beat Pitt in a great Big East final.  Even after Okafor had fouled out, Ben Gordon took over the game, and hit some huge shots down the stretch.

UCONN!!! :headbang

hitting full stride at the right time. Not just Gordon, but Taliek Brown, Villanueva, Boone and Anderson have all really stepped up lately.

Wiscy wins the Big Ten Tourney 70-53.....

Harris is the regular season and BTT MVP...

A little under 30 minutes to go until they announce the brackets!! :headbang

We should almost start a new thread for the selection show, im sure there are going to be a lot of discussions of why the hell did _________ get placed there !! And why did ______ get only a 6 seed.

Well, I love Selection Sunday, i just watched 2003's on my computer last night(yes, the seedings are still the same on tape) and am getting pumped for it.

I really do think that Illini will get the 4 seed, its just a matter of where we go.

Without having a bracket yet my Cinderella team is: Vermont. Coppenrath can carry this team, he has 42 points yesterday.  Watch our for this team.

I believe Western Michigan could be a huge sleeper too. The MAC hasnt got to much pub like they usually did the last 4 years of being a sleeper conference. Kent St fizzled at the end, so i think Western Michigan could surprise a couple teams in the first 2 rounds.