NCAA hoops thread

Hey look, Illinois fans whining about their seeding.  Just like last year when ND bounced them.  They won the league title in a conference that blew this year, big whoop, they didn't even show up to play in the conference championship game.  There's six teams in the ACC that are better than them, I don't see why you people think getting a five seed is somehow getting jobbed.  If anything, they should be lower considering Wisconsin just kicked their ass and they're a 6.

Ok, so they makes the Illni a 5 seed. Now justify Florida getting in an easier bracket than the Illini.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey look, Illinois fans whining about their seeding.  Just like last year when ND bounced them.  They won the league title in a conference that blew this year, big whoop, they didn't even show up to play in the conference championship game.  There's six teams in the ACC that are better than them, I don't see why you people think getting a five seed is somehow getting jobbed.  If anything, they should be lower considering Wisconsin just kicked their ass and they're a 6.

Yeah right St Joes conf is such a killer.

Ok, so they makes the Illni a 5 seed.  Now justify Florida getting in an easier bracket than the Illini.

3rd place in the regular season, and a finalist in the conference tournament, in a conference that was much better than the Big 10.

There's six teams in the ACC that are better than them, I don't see why you people think getting a five seed is somehow getting jobbed.  If anything, they should be lower considering Wisconsin just kicked their ass and they're a 6.

How are all 6 ACC teams better than Illinois and Wiscy. They both competed til the buzzer on the road against NC and Maryland. Although they both lost those games, they both definitly have teams that could beat any team in the ACC. No way Wiscy deserves a 6 seed, but playing in Milwaukee is a plus at least.

BTW---> Bruce Weber is on the Score right now.

Hey, genius, which conference had more bids?  Big 10 or A-10? Alright, thanks for playing.

Your really going to rub this in that the Big 10 is having a down year. We cant have one bad year without everyone knocking us down as fast as they can? The ACC was down 3 years ago I believe, and they bounced back quite nicely. The Big 10 will do the same, and i expect 5-6 teams next year for sure.

Let us know what he says.

He's saying that no game is gonna be easy, upsets are everywhere, and both Cincy and Illini should be worried about E. Tenn St and Murray St before matching them up against each other. I missed the first part of the interview because i was typing so much on various college message boards. I cant listen too good while im typing.. :D

How are all 6 ACC teams better than Illinois and Wiscy.  They both competed til the buzzer on the road against NC and Maryland.  Although they both lost those games, they both definitly have teams that could beat any team in the ACC.  No way Wiscy deserves a 6 seed, but playing in Milwaukee is a plus at least. 

BTW---> Bruce Weber is on the Score right now.

Uh, no. You are vastly overrating Illinois and Wisconsin. Illinois has one quality non-conference win, a home win against Memphis. Wisconsin doesn't have any.

Your really going to rub this in that the Big 10 is having a down year.  We cant have one bad year without everyone knocking us down as fast as they can?  The ACC was down 3 years ago I believe, and they bounced back quite nicely.  The Big 10 will do the same, and i expect 5-6 teams next year for sure.

What are you talking about? He was saying St Joe's conference schedule was weak, and I responded with the fact that their conference got more bids than Illinois's did.

Uh, no.  You are vastly overrating Illinois and Wisconsin.  Illinois has one quality non-conference win, a home win against Memphis. Wisconsin doesn't have any.

Assclown give me St Joes non conference wins thanks for being an assclown.

I have to agree to some extent.....IU just had their worst season in 34 years, and they're not in either the tourney or the NIT, and I have said.......?

But your team didn't deserve to be anywhere, I don't see where you are trying to go with this...

I will give you Gonzaga , but not the rest of the garbage.

Oh yeah, BC is really garbage, considering they're a six seed. And Villanova just beat Providence, who beat, you guessed it, Illinois. Way to know your s***.

Illinois is a bit low, but a 4 and a 5 are hardly different. Illinois doesn't have the right to complain about the tough region because they aren't getting past the sweet 16 anyway. They wouldn't get out of the sweet 16 in any of the regions. To be honest Illinois should be happy they drew Cincy as a 4 seed instead of Wake or Kansas because they should beat Cincy, it would be tougher for the other 2. And about Florida's "easy" draw, Manhattan can knock them out in the 1st round, don't look past that.

Illinois fans are the biggest whinners I have ever heard.

You know, theres a reason why we are such whiners. Our school does nothing every single year once the tourney begins! We have never beat a higher seed ever in the history of Illinois basketball, and of course, that means we've never won a national championship. We whine because we have reasons to whine, and until something monumental happens, ill continue to whine! :P

Hail the Chief! :notworthy

I know it's been mentioned a couple of times, but you Illini fans better not take Murray St for granted. They are capable of beating Illinois. The Illini should win this game, but unless Murray leaves it's A game at home, it won't be a walk in the park.